Transfer Window Thread

Classic United.

Mess about for 13 weeks trying to haggle down Barca then someone else just pays the asking price.

Jokeshop club.
Isn't the issue with the transfer that Barcas terms are pretty murky? I thought I read about deferred salary on his part and the purchasing club having to effectively buy that out also? In the end of the day I suppose thats the ultimate price so you either pay it or dont.

Isn't the issue with the transfer that Barcas terms are pretty murky? I thought I read about deferred salary on his part and the purchasing club having to effectively buy that out also? In the end of the day I suppose thats the ultimate price so you either pay it or dont.

If it was clear that the Catalan cheapskates wanted a buyer to pick up his deferred wages then that's the deal that should have been struck.

Wasting 3+ months and not moving to an alternative target is the exact kind of incompetence we've come to know and love.

If it was clear that the Catalan cheapskates wanted a buyer to pick up his deferred wages then that's the deal that should have been struck.

Wasting 3+ months and not moving to an alternative target is the exact kind of incompetence we've come to know and love.
yep

I think Chelsea would be the better move for him, established side with better players around him.

Given De Jong has ultimately had a pretty underwhelming spell at Barca I think the Catalans were doing well to get Man Utd to agree to take him off their hands for pretty much the same fee that they paid for him (~€85m)

All morals aside, it's highly ambitious (borderline deluded) to expect the buying club to also fork out an extra €15m on deferred wages

But Chelsea's new owner is keen to show off his new toy so they might just get lucky.

It did feel odd that they didn't actively pursue (or at least leak something to that effect) an alternative target once it started to stall. Especially once De Jong joined Barca's US tour. If they pivot to another option just shy of the new season they'll risk getting taken to the cleaners.

You'd wonder what the nature of the comms were between De Jong & Ten Hag throughout the summer (directly or indirectly). Feels like it was a case of unrequited love, so was odd that Ten Hag seemed to go all in on him..?

yep

I think Chelsea would be the better move for him, established side with better players around him.

Theyve champions league football which would be the main attraction.

United will undoubtedly offer higher wages but I don’t see Tuchel doing much more with this Chelsea side.

Winning the European cup was huge but I don’t see him overtaking City or Liverpool.

For De Jong I think United would be a better move as Ten Hag clearly wants to build a side around him whereas with Chelsea Tuchel could very easily be out the door in 9 months.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv! all players welcome

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼