Transfer Window Thread

I’m not sure Zaha is up to it for a CL club. He needs his ego massaged and that involves him being the main man. He wouldn’t be the main man for any of the CL clubs. No doubt he’d be a serious option if at full tilt but not sure he’d get to full tilt being a bit part player.

He could very easily be a player LFC are looking at it but other than his versatility, I’m not sure he fits the bill.

To be fair they said the same about Shaqiri and he spent most of the season on the bench but still came in to do a job when needed.

To be fair they said the same about Shaqiri and he spent most of the season on the bench but still came in to do a job when needed.

Shaqiri was bargain basement stuff - £14m is chump change to top six sides. Great bit of business. More than justified itself even if Klopp never seems to really fully trust him.

Probably get £30m if they decided to sell him this summer.

At £60m-£70m price being bandied about for Zaha, you'd be expecting a whole lot more, even in today's market.

Shaqiri was bargain basement stuff - £14m is chump change to top six sides. Great bit of business. More than justified itself even if Klopp never seems to really fully trust him.

Probably get £30m if they decided to sell him this summer.

At £60m-£70m price being bandied about for Zaha, you'd be expecting a whole lot more, even in today's market.

my point was it wasn't true when they said it about Shaqiri, so it may not necessarily be true about Zaha. And I do think Zaha offers more pace and physical power than Shaqiri and would be a definite upgrade on the backup options Liverpool have to the front 3 now.

Big difference between spending £50m+ on someone at the peak of their powers to be a squad player and spending £12m on player in decline to be a squad player.

Zaha won’t want to move to be a bit part player at this stage of his career and no team is going to spend a fortune on someone to be a squad player so Zaha may not be on the list of many.

Big difference between spending £50m+ on someone at the peak of their powers to be a squad player and spending £12m on player in decline to be a squad player.

Zaha won’t want to move to be a bit part player at this stage of his career and no team is going to spend a fortune on someone to be a squad player so Zaha may not be on the list of many.

he wouldn't be a squad player or bit part player.
Liverpool can't play Mane, Salah and Firmino every game for 60 games in a season. Zaha can cover across the front 3. Just like City have Sane to come in, or Jesus, Liverpool need better quality in that position.

Sadio Mané started the same amount of PL games as Sane & Mahrez combined this season.

There's plenty of room for another flexible, fast attacker who wants to push on to the next level and make his mark in the CL.

Zaha is certainly good enough to warrant enough minutes to keep him happy, but I don't see Liverpool paying over £70m for him (...if Klopp even has an interest).

Sadio Mané started the same amount of PL games as Sane & Mahrez combined this season.

There's plenty of room for another flexible, fast attacker who wants to push on to the next level and make his mark in the CL.

Zaha is certainly good enough to warrant enough minutes to keep him happy, but I don't see Liverpool paying over £70m for him (...if Klopp even has an interest).

there's opportunities there to do part player exchange to reduce the fee e.g Origi. if Wan-bissaka goes which is likely, they'll need a RB and Liverpool are offloading Clyne who's first club was Palace. Mignolet would also be an upgrade on their keepers assuming he wants to leave given he's been on the bench for 18 months. Whether they'd be a big enough club for him is a different story.

There is the argument against that Zaha is at a similar age to Mane, Salah & Firmino so a younger option might be preferable eg Werner who's 23.

If football Manager is anything to go by (and it is!), he will be!

Got to hand it to those lads, they've got a hell of a track record!
I'm still gutted Cherno Samba never made it, along with Tonton Zola Mokouko and to a lesser extent, Alessandro D'Alessandro!

Interestingly a few of the NFL Draft Kings (Fantasy Football) analysts have been recruited into NFL Franchises for their analysis.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼