Training Run Times

6 miles tonight 8.32 pace. 37 miles so far in january, 100 the target, Progressing well, Been part of a club is great, 20 at training tuesday, same tonight,
Good man JimmY, you’re getting some great running in

Running is a funny thing, I haven’t been feeling it since Christmas, everything seems harder and slower.. absolutely forced myself out the door tonight feeling wrecked for a 5km, realised after 2.5km that I was actually enjoying it and feeling good, skipped that turn and carried on. Ended up running 10.2km at 5:13 pace and really enjoying it

Good man JimmY, you’re getting some great running in

Running is a funny thing, I haven’t been feeling it since Christmas, everything seems harder and slower.. absolutely forced myself out the door tonight feeling wrecked for a 5km, realised after 2.5km that I was actually enjoying it and feeling good, skipped that turn and carried on. Ended up running 10.2km at 5:13 pace and really enjoying it
Thats a great sign that you carried on and did twice what you intended to do,
It really is addictive, Whenever i run it is all positive thoughts,

First run/walk done, 3K taste of blood in my mouth pretty sure my internal bleeding is my lungs

dont now hoe you can describe running as fun!
It’s fun on a nice summers day, when it’s not hot, windy or raining and you’re running on a gentle downhill slope with people waving at you, calling your name and cheering you on and you get home and your family and friends tell you you’re wonderful for embracing this fantastic new hobby.

Apart from that, training in January in the dark in subzero RealFeel is an absolute dose. 😂

Are you following a training plan Uisce?

It’s fun on a nice summers day, when it’s not hot, windy or raining and you’re running on a gentle downhill slope with people waving at you, calling your name and cheering you on and you get home and your family and friends tell you you’re wonderful for embracing this fantastic new hobby.

Apart from that, training in January in the dark in subzero RealFeel is an absolute dose. 😂

Are you following a training plan Uisce?
no training plan, cant seen to find one that isnt paid

no training plan, cant seen to find one that isnt paid
The 5k Runner app is about €4 for a once off purchase and irs well worth it. 9 weeks of running to get you up 5k and/or 35 mins of running. I cant recommend it enough.

FWIW I never get the runner's high either either during or after but I'm getting there, I definitely enjoy leaning into the difficulty and mentally challenging yourself rather than the physical

The Nike Running Club is well worth a download too. They offer guided runs so yesterday I had a 30 min slow run and the fella was basically describing how I should feel and he was bang on.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mary Greene, Leslie Dowdall, Christiana Underwood, Cáit Ní Rian, Maedhbh Hayes
An Spailpín Fánach, 28 South Main St., Cork

5th Oct 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

I Saw The Tv Glow (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼