Training Run Times

BT..something else to consider is to try a runner with a ‘big/stacked heel’ to take the pressure off the Achilles. Though they cost a bomb, I’ve run a pair of alphafly into the ground for any of the tougher sessions and I’ve found my calves are much less achy than they would be otherwise the following day

BT..something else to consider is to try a runner with a ‘big/stacked heel’ to take the pressure off the Achilles. Though they cost a bomb, I’ve run a pair of alphafly into the ground for any of the tougher sessions and I’ve found my calves are much less achy than they would be otherwise the following day
Yep - I've ordered heel cups for now but the stacked Nikes are probably the answer longer term. Feck it, I've two pairs of ASICS Gel Trainers in the cupboard at home :(

Great stuff smurf - I see what you mean about the small bit of slow running. Will tap you up for the shockwave link if things are movnig too slowly
Sorry to hear that BPT.

Guy in work with me went to these guys. There are few if any others in Cork that do the shockwave stuff but I’m open to correction.

5 X 800 Sprints last night, enjoyed it, Hamstring a liitle bit sore so held back a bit, Do any of ye use
a massage gun ?
Yep...I got one as a present last year and make good use of it. I find it good for working on an area I've strained but only after a day or two (after I've iced it etc) and starting off quite gently (as you can do more harm than good). Also good for before a run in order to loosen up a tight spot or an area where there may be scar tissue from an old injury.

Yep...I got one as a present last year and make good use of it. I find it good for working on an area I've strained but only after a day or two (after I've iced it etc) and starting off quite gently (as you can do more harm than good). Also good for before a run in order to loosen up a tight spot or an area where there may be scar tissue from an old injury.
Great stuff i will invest so, One of the girls in the club says her one is brilliant really gets into places a foam
roller wont get,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼