Training Run Times

Hi lads, Im doing John Treacy 10 mile in early feb so rest of january training will be with that in mind but after that we will be ramping
up the long runs, We usually do 10 on sunday mornings , would ye advise a gradual increase week by week until we get to 20?
Some advise going as far as 22 in your programme and easing back from mid may,

Tomorrow night at 17:00 lads - that's the time to do your speed session

1642010083673.png
I can't remember the last tme there was a forecast of 0kph for the wind. Perfect temperature too.

Get your vapoflys, fast knicks, skintight singlet and lucky socks out of the cupboard - and beware of the speedy running feens on the Monkstown line!

Hi lads, Im doing John Treacy 10 mile in early feb so rest of january training will be with that in mind but after that we will be ramping
up the long runs, We usually do 10 on sunday mornings , would ye advise a gradual increase week by week until we get to 20?
Some advise going as far as 22 in your programme and easing back from mid may,
Yep, work it up gradually over four to six weeks.

Depending on your pace you'll also maybe have to start thinking about taking some hydration and nutrition on board. If you're going to be running for more than two hours I'd take a nodge of banana or something after maybe 90 minutes.

Depending on your pace you'll also maybe have to start thinking about taking some hydration and nutrition on board. If you're going to be running for more than two hours I'd take a nodge of banana or something after maybe 90 minutes.
A nodge , brings something else to mind😁

Yep, as Terrier says! Going further will require a plan in terms of food and drink.

Increase your distance gradually but try not to increase by more than say 10% per week (long run or weekly mileage) to avoid injury.
I would say that taking a "step back" week ever 4 to 5 weeks where you reduce mileage a little and just run slower (no faster speed session) is also a good idea.

has the hamstring settled down much?

Tomorrow night at 17:00 lads - that's the time to do your speed session

View attachment 9890
I can't remember the last tme there was a forecast of 0kph for the wind. Perfect temperature too.

Get your vapoflys, fast knicks, skintight singlet and lucky socks out of the cupboard - and beware of the speedy running feens on the Monkstown line!
Grand So, I will get out there at 5pm and see what can be done :) 4 x1 mile & 4 x 30sec.....

Yep, as Terrier says! Going further will require a plan in terms of food and drink.

Increase your distance gradually but try not to increase by more than say 10% per week (long run or weekly mileage) to avoid injury.
I would say that taking a "step back" week ever 4 to 5 weeks where you reduce mileage a little and just run slower (no faster speed session) is also a good idea.

has the hamstring settled down much?
Cheers, Thankfully hamstring has settled down nicely, Hope to go out tonight and do 4 miles at a gentle pace, If that goes well will
do 10 sunday morning,

Jimmy , glad to hear your hamstring is on the mend .

Managed to get back out on Tuesday evening and Yesterday evening. Was a bit stiff on Tuesday evening but managed to move a lot better last night . Both were very handy sessions.

Hoping to do a 10/11 miler over the weekend.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼