Toireasa Ferris - She Survived then...

C

City Babe

Ferris survives Kerry confidence motion

20 February 2006 14:12[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The Sinn Féin Mayor of Kerry, Toireasa Ferris, has survived a vote of no confidence following her failure to condemn the killing of Detective Garda Jerry McCabe.
Kerry County Council earlier passed motions put down by both Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil condemning the killing of Det Garda McCabe.
However Fine Gael tabled a motion of no confidence in Ms Ferris after she voted against these motions.
The no confidence motion was defeated by 12 votes to eight with five abstentions. Eight Fianna Fáil councillors voted against the no confidence motion.

It follows an appearance by Ms Ferris on RTÉ One's Late Late Show on 11 February in which she said she did not think she had the authority to condemn the killing of Det Garda McCabe.
She subsequently said she had immense sympathy for his widow, Anne McCabe.
http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0220/sinnfein.html

In fairness i'm surprized there wasn't more of commentry made on what she was wearing or the fact that no one taught her to sit down properly without flashing all and sundry, the RTE cameraman didn't know where to focus ;)

[/FONT]

I find myself parsing all empty whitespaces for hidden text ever since I starting posting covert messages myself. This one was disappointing. I heard she was a looker though.

City Babe said:
Ferris survives Kerry confidence motion

20 February 2006 14:12[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Sinn Féin Mayor of Kerry, Toireasa Ferris, has survived a vote of no confidence following her failure to condemn the killing of Detective Garda Jerry McCabe.
Kerry County Council earlier passed motions put down by both Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil condemning the killing of Det Garda McCabe.
However Fine Gael tabled a motion of no confidence in Ms Ferris after she voted against these motions.
The no confidence motion was defeated by 12 votes to eight with five abstentions. Eight Fianna Fáil councillors voted against the no confidence motion.

It follows an appearance by Ms Ferris on RTÉ One's Late Late Show on 11 February in which she said she did not think she had the authority to condemn the killing of Det Garda McCabe.
She subsequently said she had immense sympathy for his widow, Anne McCabe.
http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0220/sinnfein.html

In fairness i'm surprized there wasn't more of commentry made on what she was wearing or the fact that no one taught her to sit down properly without flashing all and sundry, the RTE cameraman didn't know where to focus ;)

[/FONT]

The director knew exactly what he was doing IMO. She was well able for Pat the Plank and so they had to resort to cheep shots. (Pun intended)

City Babe said:

There was. It's become known as her Sharon Stone Moment.

Her excuse:

“I was wearing a knee-length skirt, but when I sat down some of it caught under me and I also crossed my legs because I was nervous,” she said.
“I was totally unaware that my dress had slipped up and I should have been told by one of the floor managers.”

Out da Lough Like said:

Her excuse:

“I was wearing a knee-length skirt, but when I sat down some of it caught under me and I also crossed my legs because I was nervous,” she said.
“I was totally unaware that my dress had slipped up and I should have been told by one of the floor managers.”

Correct.

OR the Director should have not used that shot.

Out da Lough Like said:

Her excuse:

oh... i hadn't heard....

I thought she was well able to handle herself and defend her and her familys policital background, but knew she was in trouble when she started with the "im not in a position to condem" a garda killing, i think thats where it started to go downhill for her....

City Babe said:
oh... i hadn't heard....

I thought she was well able to handle herself and defend her and her familys policital background, but knew she was in trouble when she started with the "im not in a position to condem" a garda killing, i think thats where it started to go downhill for her....

Politically inexperienced as with the rest of SF.
How could we expect her to condem one of her own.
Sure won't they be released from Castlerea soon and lauded at the next SF Ard Feis.........scum.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Blue Steel

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼