Timing belt gone on a renault van

JP Stone

Banned
I was speaking with a buddy earlier, he was driving his van last week and it broke down. He got towed in and a mechanic had a quick look at it, told him the timing belt was gone.

The van is a 07 Renault Kangoo, 74000 km on the clock according to Renault it is 4 years old so not their problem.

Anyone agree, or know where best to get it fixed?

I was speaking with a buddy earlier, he was driving his van last week and it broke down. He got towed in and a mechanic had a quick look at it, told him the timing belt was gone.

The van is a 07 Renault Kangoo, 74000 km on the clock according to Renault it is 4 years old so not their problem.

That will only cost about 1800 euro!

Moral of the story: only buy cars with a minimum 5 year guarantee.

That leaves Hyundai & Kia.

Most of their cars (petrol or diesel) do not have timing belts.

should have changed it at 54000KM

mechanic

just about your renault have you done it yet or call 0871353450

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mossy

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼