Thuggery

Any feelings on the Waterford player getting an 8 -week ban for giving Eddie Brennan a slap with the caman?
Looked like assault to me...1 year ban more a fitting punishment .GAA setting a bad precedent if you ask me.

Between that and the McMenamin thing - they need to get tough on this stuff. If he did what he did to Brennan on a street he would be sent away for a few years. Twas the luck of God he was wearing a helmet. 2 year ban from club and county minimum.

between that and the mcmenamin thing - they need to get tough on this stuff. if he did what he did to brennan on a street he would be sent away for a few years. twas the luck of god he was wearing a helmet. 2 year ban from club and county minimum.

Lets not get into this "If he did that on the street....." nonsense again.

was there definitely contact there. The camera angles i have seen so far havent quite showed the point of contact. still if the intention is there to pull then 8 weeks is the best he could have hoped for. prendergast is a clean enough player too

He was wearing a helmet.
Besides if you performed a textbook rugby tackle on someone walking down the street you'd be also be locked up.

Textbook rugby tackles are within the rules of the game.
In hurling a helmet is a precaution, not for protection against mindless scumbag behaviour.

In GAA different rules apply,this was merely 'pullin and draggin'.

If a player from any other sport did anything like that,certain people on here would be calling him a common criminal.Different rules apply for the GAA and it's highground.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Rage -ratm Tribute

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼