the wine thread

Yes, but I would say that based on your posts the Gigondas would be more up your street, it’s less acidic, more rounded and has a nice bit of age on it.. they still have the ‘14 in my SV so you’re getting 6/7 years on the clock, nice and earthy

Working my way through the Vacqy; not bad, get what you say about acidic. Rioja-ish to my palate.

In Palma for a week so bought us a bottle of AN2 for 15 bucks and another called Sió for a couple if 💶 more. Be rude not to as the girls on Facebook say.

Hate to disappoint Mange_y and all but I'm not really digging the AN2 gig. The Sió was nice but so was the first one we had which was quite a bit cheaper. Called Sa Rota or something. Only thing I'll say is the AN2 is a bit young maybe, 2019.

Hate to disappoint Mange_y and all but I'm not really digging the AN2 gig. The Sió was nice but so was the first one we had which was quite a bit cheaper. Called Sa Rota or something. Only thing I'll say is the AN2 is a bit young maybe, 2019.

All good man, it’s all about personal preference. I dont know enough about it to comment on the age or vintages, just remember enjoying it previously but would have been the ‘13-‘15 was drinking

Never heard of Sio, it’s an interesting region there, I’d ask the locals for recommendations :)

Continuing the Mallorcan adventure, I'm sipping a bottle called Petit, from Son Puig bodegas although I'm damned if I can find the fucking thing online. Not bad at all, at about 8 yo-yo..... Most drinkable. Then for tomorrow I have a thing called 1856, Macia Battle, a bit pricier but not too much. A heavier drop at 14.5, might get a bit of steak or something to go with it. On the whole, I'm impressed although you have to be careful. I have seen the AN2 at 3 different prices, 15.50 up to 22. Fortunately,I got it at the first!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼