The Sultans of Ping F.C.

Nice to see the pics with the seats out in there. Pity it's not a regular thing
for me it is pretty much the norm... last year i was at a few there with no seats aslan was one , remember the rats there with no seats(years ago)it all depends on the gig i think.. at gilbert recently with seats of course... iwas there for the sultans friday... see them many times but i had forgotton how niall(lead singer ) bugs me. he has the crowd hoping , the place rocking and he goes and sits down sipping coffe or something...also throwing his mike into the audience (boring).. he should watch the stunning do a gig , no shit no fooling around..just great music.. never again..

It's regular when it works for a gig. The Opera House are more than happy to take the seats out for a gig if needed. The seats are gone every jazz weekend.

Last night was fun. Niall is some lunatic on stage
idiot on stage might be more acurate.. he isso talented but has to much clowning around.. he even managed to sing a verse of the harry chapin song( flowers are red) on friday night.

for me it is pretty much the norm... last year i was at a few there with no seats aslan was one , remember the rats there with no seats(years ago)it all depends on the gig i think.. at gilbert recently with seats of course... iwas there for the sultans friday... see them many times but i had forgotton how niall(lead singer ) bugs me. he has the crowd hoping , the place rocking and he goes and sits down sipping coffe or something...also throwing his mike into the audience (boring).. he should watch the stunning do a gig , no shit no fooling around..just great music.. never again..
Imo they wouldn't be the Sultans if you don't have Niall doing the bollox on stage.
He's always reminded me of a sort of marionette puppet leading his own Cork version of the sex pistols.
I found him great entertainment.
Different strokes for different folks.

Imo they wouldn't be the Sultans if you don't have Niall doing the bollox on stage.
He's always reminded me of a sort of marionette puppet leading his own Cork version of the sex pistols.
I found him great entertainment.
Different strokes for different folks.
yeah, maybe im getting old...

I saw Ashley from the Franks there last night, so much Cork musicial royalty under one roof

I know we talk about Rory Gallagher etc but for me the Franks and the Sultans are the headliners in Cork music history

I saw Ashley from the Franks there last night, so much Cork musicial royalty under one roof

I know we talk about Rory Gallagher etc but for me the Franks and the Sultans are the headliners in Cork music history
the franks are without doubt our greatest group/band... but in fairness rory is in a league of his own as a guitarist. ... im not comparing them as they are so different but oh so wonderful in diferent ways.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Riki Matsuda: Happy Hour

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼