The Sultans of Ping F.C.

Went to Fridays gig.
Preetty preetty good.
Liked the set up without the seats in the opera house.
It was like an old fashioned football terrace with the thick single beam railing on the edge of each step. Which suited the content of the songs well. ⚽🥅
Mad to be on the young side of the average concert goer there. Majority bar the very front were in their 50s

It's regular when it works for a gig. The Opera House are more than happy to take the seats out for a gig if needed. The seats are gone every jazz weekend.

Last night was fun. Niall is some lunatic on stage
his London college lectures on 18th century political thought are even wilder, riots galore/arrests/fatalities/groupies/etc

It's regular when it works for a gig. The Opera House are more than happy to take the seats out for a gig if needed. The seats are gone every jazz weekend.

Last night was fun. Niall is some lunatic on stage
Would be nice if there was regular gigs in there. It would be a good second Irish gig option for acts playing a venue like The Olympia. As far as I know the cost of taking in and out the seating is billed to the artist.

Would be nice if there was regular gigs in there. It would be a good second Irish gig option for acts playing a venue like The Olympia. As far as I know the cost of taking in and out the seating is billed to the artist.

Agreed, it's a brilliant venue and there is no reason it couldn't be used by any touring artist. It always seems to be tribute bands, showband shite, and comedians who announce gigs 2 years in advance.

I remember going to a Blast gig there in around 2004. They took the seats out and it was a full day of metal and alt music, brilliant day.

What's the last proper touring band to have actually played there? Probably Kodaline or something. Long gone are the days when the Manics would be there.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jezahel- Vampires Can't Weld

The Pavilion, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼