The official Snooker Thread

Is billiards still played?
It is. The last 3 world championships have been played in England, Singapore and Australia. The World Billiards Championship is organised by World Billiards Limited, a subsidiary of the WPBSA. There’s very little money in it though. Back in the 70s/80s the snooker player players well all over it.

It is. The last 3 world championships have been played in England, Singapore and Australia. The World Billiards Championship is organised by World Billiards Limited, a subsidiary of the WPBSA. There’s very little money in it though. Back in the 70s/80s the snooker player players well all over it.
I remember watching it in the 80s,

I remember watching it in the 80s,
Me too. Some of the past champions included Fed Davis, Mark Wildman, Ray Edmonds and Rex Williams.

Interesting story about Ronnie and Rex Williams, who reached a highest snooker ranking of #6 in the world:

Canadian professional snooker player Alain Robidoux once accused Ronnie O'Sullivan of showing a lack of respect by playing left handed against him in the 1996 World Championship. O'Sullivan hit back by claiming he was a better player left handed than Robidoux was with his right. O'Sullivan was charged with bringing the game into disrepute, but at his disciplinary hearing he played three frames left handed against former world #6 Rex Williams, winning all three. The disrepute charge was dropped.

Me too. Some of the past champions included Fed Davis, Mark Wildman, Ray Edmonds and Rex Williams.

Interesting story about Ronnie and Rex Williams, who reached a highest snooker ranking of #6 in the world:

Canadian professional snooker player Alain Robidoux once accused Ronnie O'Sullivan of showing a lack of respect by playing left handed against him in the 1996 World Championship. O'Sullivan hit back by claiming he was a better player left handed than Robidoux was with his right. O'Sullivan was charged with bringing the game into disrepute, but at his disciplinary hearing he played three frames left handed against former world #6 Rex Williams, winning all three. The disrepute charge was dropped.
In fairness to Robidoux he did apologise to Ronnie when he realised that Ronnie wasn't trying to wind him up.

2-2 at midsession interval. Some start to the final. Both players in great form.
Shaun Murphy crying in his soup over Ronnie's style of play. What a langer.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼