The official Snooker Thread

casúr

Cathedral Road’s very own Aaron Hill has pulled off a major shock by knocking last year's World Championship finalist Judd Trump out of the Northern Ireland Open, recording an impressive 4-1 victory in Belfast.

He bate Ronnie a year or so ago. He’s only 20 and only picked up a cue when he was 14 or 15.

Cathedral Road’s very own Aaron Hill has pulled off a major shock by knocking last year's World Championship finalist Judd Trump out of the Northern Ireland Open, recording an impressive 4-1 victory in Belfast.

He bate Ronnie a year or so ago. He’s only 20 and only picked up a cue when he was 14 or 15.

I watched that game where he beat Ronnie on Eurosport.

Great he's beaten another top pro. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

I’d be happy with a break of 12. It’s incredible the skill in it. Hopefully he can keep the head down and push on through the rankings. He potted some serious shots he just needs a bit more experience to be a more consistent break builder. He hit an 86 but he’s banging them in for fun at practice. Only playing 6 years or so he’s got talent alright.

Tough gig I'd say. Great to see a young fella pursuing his dream though. Hope it goes well for him.

100% tough station at this stage of his career. The snooker circuit is tough to crack and to earn a decent living a fella would need to be regularly consistent

Trump was very bitter in the interview after losing. Makes the win even sweeter!

Jimmy White had a bit of argy bagy with the referee in his 4-0 defeat yesterday. Shame about the loss as Jimmy is still making 147s for fun in practice.

Snooker is one of those games that you don't realise just how difficult it is until you actually try to play it. I played a lot of pool growing up and was bang average so I was relatively confident I would be bang average at snooker too but alas no, I was and still am complete shite. A break in the teens would be an accomplishment.

I've watched snooker since I was little and it would be great to have a Corkman to cheer for. Here's hoping Aaron continues to go from strength to strength.

Snooker is one of those games that you don't realise just how difficult it is until you actually try to play it. I played a lot of pool growing up and was bang average so I was relatively confident I would be bang average at snooker too but alas no, I was and still am complete shite. A break in the teens would be an accomplishment.

I've watched snooker since I was little and it would be great to have a Corkman to cheer for. Here's hoping Aaron continues to go from strength to strength.
Pool = pitch and putt
Snooker = big boy pants (golf)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

17th Aug 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

The Mad Banners

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 5pm

More events ▼