The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

A delightful ensemble at Réfugio do Pescador. The pistachio mousse a true pleasure of the palate.

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpeg
    IMG_2002.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2004.jpeg
    IMG_2004.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 6
Went to Sabor last night based on your recommendation, Ghoti. Top notch, excellent value and great service. Four of us fed (mains, dessert, tea, coffee, a pint, a Fanta) for under €90.
Grub was straightforward and tasty. You won’t discover new gastronomic experiences but that’s OK by me.
Decent bloke - Leonardo - that runs it too. Came over to introduce himself and had a chat with us. From call-centre worker to restaurant owner- his story is inspiring. Asked us how we heard about the place and was fairly surprised to hear it was on here.

Recommended.
The mandioca any good?

Went to the relaunched Ichigo Ichi last night.

It was nice.

Dining room subtley changed to soften it a bit. We were sat at the bar not ideal but grand. They only reopened last wed so things were still a bit in flux, they seemed understaffed to be honest. The place was full, 2 waiters.

Took 5 mins to get menus, no drinks offered, a lot of the menu was sold out, small stuff but hopefully it improves in time.

Food was honestly sensational. Way more straight forward than the old ichigo, which may have been an exploration in taste and texture but was a bit alien in places.

We had 3 sharing plates to start,
Tempura - lovely,
Grilled duck - nice but not special, Katzusara (breaded pork in omlette) absolutely smash it out of the park sensational

2 mains
Duck soba, Prawn soba
i don't know how he gets the flavour into the soup. i would eat it all day. delicious. the small critique was it was roasting, like hotter than the centre of the sun and the tempura prawn got a bit soggy while waiting for it to cool. a small gripe. the opposite would be worse.

It was lovely.

Nice wine list, (our first choice not available)

Macha Panacotta and coffee to finish

142 Euro Ex tip not cheap but about the going rate.

Its not a repackaged myazaki, its better than that. its not a watered down old ichigo ichi either. Its great to have a good mid range japanese place in town. its crying out for a good front of house person but hopefully they'll find their rythem soon. the food is worth it.
would recommend
Sounds good, I'd like to give it a try

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Love Lies Bleeding (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼