The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Took my dad to Goldie for his birthday last Friday night.

Both of us were very impressed by everything.

Cured pollock on a wasabi and beetroot coulis to start - delicious. My oul fella got the Hake Karaage which looked really good too.

Mains of steamed brill in a fennel & cream sauce and plaice in Cafe de Paris butter.

My da - a difficult man to get effusive comments from - used the word "excellent" twice to describe his meal. High praise indeed.

2 x starter
2 x main
1 x large sparkling water
2 x coffee

€84 - rounded to €100 for tip.

Well worth a visit.
Have heard good things, been trying to book it for a while for different people visiting etc and always booked out at least 2 or 3 weeks in advance.

I've never had a curry I couldn't eat. I usually only eat half a takeaway though and finish it next day. The hottest one was from Rooster pil pil. It was more like a paste and my mouth was on fire from it. Still ate it though.

Got a take away from Coriander in Douglas last night.

A starter, 2 mains, and naans, for 50ish.

Everything was savage except for the chicken vindaloo, which I couldn't finish. I'm pretty good with spicy food, and generally enjoy a bit of burn, but it was excessive. I've had vindaloos from there a few times in the past and they were grand, so new chef maybe? Either way, unless you want stomach cramps and molten chili shits, don't get a vindaloo from Coriander.

We've a few Indian friends and they claim that Coriander is the closest thing to proper Indian food in Cork.

I'd love to try that Vindaloo. I probably wouldn't be able to eat but I love the sound of it. Love my spicy food.

The molten chili shits wouldn't bother me. My anus has seen far worse.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

11th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kinds Of Kindness (18)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 3:30pm

More events ▼