The official Premier League 22/23 thread

How many PL games have been lost as a result of the WC? 4, 5, 6? I admit I haven't looked at the calendar but I'm guessing it finishes later than normal. Long way to go alright. Time for plenty changes but hard not to see Utd and Pool being there or thereabouts with their squads.

Uniteds squad is very thin Carmona m8. Barring maybe the left wing and left back, there's a massive drop off in quality in most positions.

United are a few injuries away from relying on Mcfred and a Maguire Lindelof axis again. Ten Hag might be a decent coach (evidence so far says he is) but even a decent coach can't make that lot top 4 contenders

Uniteds squad is very thin Carmona m8. Barring maybe the left wing and left back, there's a massive drop off in quality in most positions.

United are a few injuries away from relying on Mcfred and a Maguire Lindelof axis again. Ten Hag might be a decent coach (evidence so far says he is) but even a decent coach can't make that lot top 4 contenders
But do you not think they'll splash a little cash now and bring in another couple a players? Casemiro has evidently been a great signing, medium term anyway and Varanne, if he can stay fit. Yeah, maybe not too much depth. Pool would be alright in that respect but for injuries. Thing about Liverpool as well that I thought was very noticeable the other night is the tempo they play at. When it's really high then they look fooking fantastic but when it drops a little bit they're pedestrian and predictable. Minimal gains or whatever the Sky lads used to say.....

But do you not think they'll splash a little cash now and bring in another couple a players? Casemiro has evidently been a great signing, medium term anyway and Varanne, if he can stay fit. Yeah, maybe not too much depth. Pool would be alright in that respect but for injuries. Thing about Liverpool as well that I thought was very noticeable the other night is the tempo they play at. When it's really high then they look fooking fantastic but when it drops a little bit they're pedestrian and predictable. Minimal gains or whatever the Sky lads used to say.....

How are United going to splash the cash when they're broke?

Not having the fee for Gakpo is where theyre at.

sarcasm-detector-gif.gif

They will probably try and organise a loan or a free agent for six months.

Not getting Gakpo when the manager wanted him and the player wanted to come to the club was a major fuck up.

....they'd easily have afforded him if they hadnt made a balls of the Antony transfer.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Blue Steel

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼