The Official Munster Rugby Thread™

To be fair, it's better for the Munster branch and the IRFU, kinda need the funds post pandemic

I understand the rationale alright. Ud get over it for a semi final but the Aviva is a dose for atmosphere and the French wont travel.

There were a fair few Exeter fans there yesterday, a nice bunch I must say.

21k there yesterday, that crowd will be lost in Lansdowne.

Musgrave park wouldn’t be the worst shout.

I understand the rationale alright. Ud get over it for a semi final but the Aviva is a dose for atmosphere and the French wont travel.

You'll get a lot of bandwagoneers, depending on ticket prices

It's all about the ching ching, to be fair rugby is a professional sport and as already been mentioned needs the income.
There is no way they are going to hand over money to GAA for the use of a stadium.

Unfortunately Musgrave Park is simply not big enough for this.
IRFU have to also pay for their share of The Aviva debt.

There will be feck all atmosphere in The Aviva that is for sure

Much like the Cork County Board, I'd be cutting Munster some slack over the timing of the gig coming out of the pandemic when fixture calendars were up in the air.

If there is a miraculous home country semi final though, a massive effort should be made to hold in PUC. Cork has been fucked over badly in recent years by Munster despite providing the biggest pipeline of players. If opportunities come up to play big games here they should be taken.

Much like the Cork County Board, I'd be cutting Munster some slack over the timing of the gig coming out of the pandemic when fixture calendars were up in the air.

If there is a miraculous home country semi final though, a massive effort should be made to hold in PUC. Cork has been fucked over badly in recent years by Munster despite providing the biggest pipeline of players. If opportunities come up to play big games here they should be taken.

No chance.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼