The Official Munster Rugby Thread™

Coombes at center? Not sure about that.
I like Patterson at SH, nippy player.

At least the Scarlets will be kept honest from the halfway line to their owner try line with Healy around.
JOS really needs to start firing some shots.

Massive win away for such a young and inexperienced side although it has to be said Scarlets were useless so lets not get too carried away

Wycherley, Ahern, O Donoughe and Cloete the pick of the pack for me. O Sullivan got a nice try but didnt stand out overall

Barron with a great run and some great footwork in the first half too

Cronin and Healy did well at half back and Nash looked the best of the outside backs

Good to see Josh Wycherley and Kendellen coming on also and hopefully they will both get plenty more chances this season

Hope Snyman is okay as he hobbled off a few ins after coming on

Think I heard that 18 of the 23 players today were current or former Munster academy players

I thought that VG had thrown away the potential of winning that game when the team was announced.

Almost a full strength Scarlets with a few Lions and our young guys ran rings around them.

I was pleasantly surprised they won but delighted that they secured a BP win.

with only 2 more games before the international break id imagine Beirne and Murray will start next week or at least be involve from the bench

After that there is only two further URC games before the European cup starts so limited enough gametime for the management to settle on their first XV

The performances today will give the management plenty to ponder.

Think Ahern and Kendellen look like they have what it takes but probably wont get European Cup exposure this season unless injuries give them an opportunity.

The big decision will be whether to go with Carberry or Healy and if Van Grahan has the balls to drop he likes of Murray and POM if the likes of JOD and Casey continue to show form

Massive win away for such a young and inexperienced side although it has to be said Scarlets were useless so lets not get too carried away

Wycherley, Ahern, O Donoughe and Cloete the pick of the pack for me. O Sullivan got a nice try but didnt stand out overall

Barron with a great run and some great footwork in the first half too

Cronin and Healy did well at half back and Nash looked the best of the outside backs

Good to see Josh Wycherley and Kendellen coming on also and hopefully they will both get plenty more chances this season

Hope Snyman is okay as he hobbled off a few ins after coming on

Think I heard that 18 of the 23 players today were current or former Munster academy players
Significant injury according to van Graan

Am I correct in saying that there are zero games fixed for Musgrave Park this season? There are one or two TBC but it seems munster have closed the door fully on its centre of population and potentially biggest market.

Am I correct in saying that there are zero games fixed for Musgrave Park this season? There are one or two TBC but it seems munster have closed the door fully on its centre of population and potentially biggest market.

None scheduled as of yet.

Bit demented tbh.

The scheduling of every home game at 7.35 makes it especially a pain in the hole for those travelling from Cork.

There'll be two games there, announced on Friday

The Munster Rugby men’s side are returning to Musgrave Park for the first time since February 2020.

We will host Benetton Rugby and Cardiff Rugby in Cork later this season in the United Rugby Championship.

What drives me mad is the evening kick offs in Limerick. If they're going to insist on every game being in Thomond, then at least put them in the afternoon so people from across Munster can see the game without having to arrive home after midnight.

There'll be two games there, announced on Friday

What drives me mad is the evening kick offs in Limerick. If they're going to insist on every game being in Thomond, then at least put them in the afternoon so people from across Munster can see the game without having to arrive home after midnight.

Yup.

Probably gonna go to the Connaught game Saturday but 7.35 is a shit time for a game when you've to travel home after.

Will be lucky to be home for midnight.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2021/10/08/urc-fixtures-confirmed-for-musgrave-park-ticket-news/

The Munster Rugby men’s side will return to Musgrave Park for the first time since February 2020 when they host Benetton Rugby and Cardiff Rugby in the United Rugby Championship in 2022.
The province will close out its regular home season of the 2021/22 United Rugby Championship in Musgrave Park when hosting Benetton Rugby in March and Cardiff Rugby in April.

With only two out of five games at home in the final rounds of the competition the squad will be boosted by a timely return to the Cork venue.

Ticket details will be released closer to the games.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Indie/Folk Music

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼