The Official Munster Rugby Thread™

Hopefully this will happen , if it works out , it could possibly lead to maybe a q/f or s/f in Europe being played in Cork .
While Limerick is a not that long away to go for a game if you are living around the city , travelling up from west Cork must be an awful dose

Hopefully this will happen , if it works out , it could possibly lead to maybe a q/f or s/f in Europe being played in Cork .
While Limerick is a not that long away to go for a game if you are living around the city , travelling up from west Cork must be an awful dose
I don't know. It's grand if you're going to one or two Heineken cup games but i know of nobody who still travels regularly from cork.

The road is hard to drive. The train isn't direct and when you get there the place seems stymied by needless bureaucracy and little petty things that makes it hard for fans.

I think this shows in the age of the crowd 50/60 somethings and their kids.

Very few gangs of 18/20 somethings.

At the time all the talk was of the magic of thomond etc but they would be better off if they had committed to the larger population base of cork and grown the fanbase here.

Heineken cup games are on at a more reasonable time , but it seemed that most the URC games last year were evening kick offs , which means your aren't back till after 12 sometimes , not great when bringing a smally with you . If you are down west Cork( where a fair few of the team are from it seems ) , you wont be getting home till after 1. Train is a great way of going but with the late matches and the change over it isnt viable sometimes .

If this game does go ahead i'll be bringing the whole family

Rugby fans cribbing about going to Limerick it makes me laugh.
Hope the game against the Springboks will be in PUC it will give the Cork fans a break and as we all know Limerick is the home of HURLING.

First Munster match I've been to for a very long time. Shockingly bad first half, not bad second. It's standard pre season fare.

The general impression I got is Munster should be doing a lot more off the ball. Very static in attack. Few silly lapses in defence, not an easy game to take much from. Crowley was good when he came on, at least from what I could see from where I was sat. Which at times, was little.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼