The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

The numbers involved are pretty monstruous.

Even if the only guys to leave were the ones who look highly likely to leave, that's a saving of £1.58m a week (40% of the current wage bill) or £82m across a season.

Or, looking at it another way, that salary reduction is just £60k (...one Jonny Evans) short of the entire squad budget at Newcastle Utd!

Casemiro - 350k
Varane - 340k
Martial - 250k
Sancho - 250k
Eriksen - 150k
Lindelof - 120k
Van De Beek - 120k

That's assuming that there are no "surprise" departures (e.g. Bruno, Rashford, Maguire, Shaw, Bantony, Mount, McTominay, Greenwood etc.)

It could well be the biggest single window squad overhaul (in £ terms) that the PL has ever seen.

Alright this is looking like some serious operations, replacing a CEO and CFO is not the activities of a passive investor and dents the arguments that the glazers are still in total control of the business operations.

This is only good news and hopefully the dawn of the new era of competence.

I think the posters point was that CEO and CFO would typically go beyond football / sporting remit

Football i would have thought would be the structure below / reporting to ashworth. The fact Ineos are also replacing C-level execs does kind of confirm they have a wider influence than just football operations and also have a significant say in the running of the business side of the club.

Alright this is looking like some serious operations, replacing a CEO and CFO is not the activities of a passive investor and dents the arguments that the glazers are still in total control of the business operations.

This is only good news and hopefully the dawn of the new era of competence.

I think the posters point was that CEO and CFO would typically go beyond football / sporting remit

Football i would have thought would be the structure below / reporting to ashworth. The fact Ineos are also replacing C-level execs does kind of confirm they have a wider influence than just football operations and also have a significant say in the running of the business side of the club.
All sorts of of little cost cutting measures going on behind the scenes, such as ;

Executive credit cards being cancelled

Staff receiving a ticket for FA cup final, but no transport/hotel etc (might be going a bit far for your lower paid staff, but it's happening)

Something about company cars I can't quite remember.

I'd say the execs and the like have been having a field day for years now with little or no oversight.

Re wages; if Casimero wants to leave, fine it's a big wage saved. But if he doesn't want to go, there's fuck all you can do, is there.

For instance, Antony Martial at 28 and has never worked a day in his life is set for life from Utd. A few more there too.

Re wages; if Casimero wants to leave, fine it's a big wage saved. But if he doesn't want to go, there's fuck all you can do, is there.

For instance, Antony Martial at 28 and has never worked a day in his life is set for life from Utd. A few more there too.

Brandon Williams , (lol remember him)

Contract expires in the summer. 80k a week and a four year deal off the back of a handful of appearances in the first team in 2019.

Hasnt played for the club in 3 years.

Thats the kind of planning that has the club in the state its in. To put that in context, Robertson at Liverpool was on 60k a week before signing a new improved deal in 2021.

A well run club would have had the likes of Rashford and Shaw gone 3 or 4 years ago.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

17th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Rage -ratm Tribute

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼