The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Antony should start doing that spin every game.

Paul Scholes:

tumblr_ngk1avbcYQ1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Why are they giving so much attention to Antony doing his spin?
why are you surprised dopes like Scholes get wound up by a player showboating?

Granted, this spin is absolutely useless (no advantage gained by Anthony) and looks utterly shit/stupid but i'm sure plenty kids will try to replicate it in schoolyards this morning.

The funny bit was that he lost the ball right after...

The reason why the likes of Ronaldinho & Zidane have moments of skill which live long in the memory is, in part, because many of these moments are flashy but are also highly effective (e.g. retaining possession when boxed in, beating a man, setting up a chance).

Antony looks to have a good level of technical skill. He should concentrate on finding ways to express himself in ways that actually help his team, rather than just creating meme moments. He looks capable of more.

The reason why the likes of Ronaldinho & Zidane have moments of skill which live long in the memory is, in part, because many of these moments are flashy but are also highly effective (e.g. retaining possession when boxed in, beating a man, setting up a chance).

Antony looks to have a good level of technical skill. He should concentrate on finding ways to express himself in ways that actually help his team, rather than just creating meme moments. He looks capable of more.

Meh , automatons might suit the straitjacket play of Pep and Klopp but we still want to see guys go out and show a bit of individuality.

Scholes just sounded like a bellend . So do you.

As Marco said there will be plenty of kids trying to do that move in the playground and that sense of fun is being lost.

I don't remember Zidane showboating, he was using skills to beat an opponent, create space or get out of a tricky situation...Anthony's spin is pure useless showboating, he gains no advantage whatsoever by spinning around the ball...that said, i don't get people going mental over it, football is entertainment, i'm sure some fella will hack him down at some point for doing the spin again, it'll also be entertaining :)

I don't remember Zidane showboating, he was using skills to beat an opponent, create space or get out of a tricky situation...Anthony's spin is pure useless showboating, he gains no advantage whatsoever by spinning around the ball...that said, i don't get people going mental over it, football is entertainment, i'm sure some fella will hack him down at some point for doing the spin again, it'll also be entertaining :)

100% agree

Meh , automatons might suit the straitjacket play of Pep and Klopp but we still want to see guys go out and show a bit of individuality.

Yep, the likes of Firmino have really looked stifled by Klopp's straightjacket style...

You'll notice that the vast majority of Firmino's flashy moments are done with clear intent to gain an advantage, unlike Antony's which only served to give the defence more time to get in position.

ETH wasn't pleased and it's clear why.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼