The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Crikey.

Jim is a fine journalist. Put that one down to a bad day.

Tbf, all he's saying is that MU are departing with undue haste to earn extra £££ compared to other top teams and that if it was SAF, any tour timetable would be done after consulting with him.

"but under Ferguson, they were done when he was ready to go; the timetable scheduled to his requirements. Solskjaer has neither the personal power nor the modern-day supportive football infrastructure to resist the board’s expectation that he will head off on tour so soon after convening. Make no mistake other clubs will be departing this summer to spin the cash in Asia or America; that is part of the modern football’s financial portfolio. But rest assured it will not before they have drawn breath in the pre-season.

United started their preseason 5 days early.

I'd be amazed if they havnt been slaughtered in their pre season given some of the running stats from last year.

United started their preseason 5 days early.

I'd be amazed if they havnt been slaughtered in their pre season given some of the running stats from last year.

Damn straight. Looks like they've been whinging to journos already.

The dressing rooms leaks to the press have been a problem for pretty much every manager since Ferguson left.

Though it may suit certain players' agendas it counterproductive for the club in general and is a common trait in clubs that are drifting below their usual standards.

One source has told ESPN FC that there were concerns within the squad's foreign contingent as early as February -- when Solskjaer was still unbeaten in his role as caretaker-manager -- that the approach under the former Cardiff City manager was "too British" and lacking in continental expertise. The same source has claimed that last week's training regime was "just running, running, running," with players forced to do double sessions on their first week back in preseason following Solskjaer's decision to bring the squad back as early as July 1 to start preparations for the new campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1562930237

I'd just hold onto him as Inter's bid doesnt give them the funds to reinvest.
I think it's safe to say that Olly was full of shit with his talk of doing a major clearout.

Centreback was and remains the priority, at this stage it looks like we are going to be further off the pace next season.

In fairness who would buy the players he'd want to sell.

And even if he found a buyer, would they leave their cushy contracts to go and play for less?

Woodward giving the likes of smalling and jones long term contracts is to blame.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Joachim Cooder

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼