The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Deserved fuck all out of that really.

Taking off Salah/Sloboslai with only a one goal lead set the tone. Completely fucked up numerous good chances thinking the game was done.

Gapko is a fanny. Hasn’t stepped up at all. Would have rather seen Danns than him.

Congrats to the Utd lads on here.

They’ve shown up all season when their team has been shite so deserve to stick one on the rest of the forum now.

Now I’m getting the silent treatment for the evening cos the missus interrupted just as elliot lost the ball at the death and I told her fuck off.. I apologised and everything but apparently I’m “just a big baby and need to grow the fuck up”

OrchardY's missus be like

IMG-20240317-WA0017.jpg

Great game to watch. Both sides fairly went for it. We should have closed it out several times but utd could have won it several time in normal time. Fair play to utd, they really upped their game. Can’t win em all. Considering the mad fixture list coming into the new year and the injuries I’d have be more than happy to have the carabao cup in the bag, just behind arsenal in the league and still in the europa.

Saw about two minutes of it, middle of the second half. Looked to be anybody's. Disappointed, but not the end of the world.

Fair play to the manu lads, I suppose. They've had fuck all to cheer about, so let them enjoy this.

Great game to watch. Both sides fairly went for it. We should have closed it out several times but utd could have won it several time in normal time. Fair play to utd, they really upped their game. Can’t win em all. Considering the mad fixture list coming into the new year and the injuries I’d have be more than happy to have the carabao cup in the bag, just behind arsenal in the league and still in the europa.
Can’t win them all is right but just taking the game on its merits we should probably have won that today. It’s a bit strange because we didn’t play well at all but the lack of cutting edge in the second half when up 2-1 was hard to understand.

We go there again in a few weeks and to put things right because that sort of performance won’t do again, against anyone.

If I would credit United for anything it’s how they took off defenders and just went for it and got their rewards.

We got what was coming to us for not having a proper go in the second half. So many occasions we could have pushed on and been more decisive but we just were so passive. It was hard to believe what I watching. Klopp’s Liverpool are never like that when it comes to attacking and take the bull by the horns when you’ve an opponent on the ropes.

Some of the subs, mainly Gakpo contributed nothing at all.

I thought exactly this in the 2nd half. So much lateral and back passes - perhaps the tough season is catching up. I haven't seen this negative approach all season from Liverpool

Then when Utd had only 2 defenders on, Liverpool didn't see to have the energy to take advantage

International break coming at the right time

I thought exactly this in the 2nd half. So much lateral and back passes - perhaps the tough season is catching up. I haven't seen this negative approach all season from Liverpool

Then when Utd had only 2 defenders on, Liverpool didn't see to have the energy to take advantage

International break coming at the right time
I did think the team looked jaded and a bit flat and posted that in here at half time when winning 2-1 but I don’t think energy was the issue in the second half as such, more so the lack of ambition to score a third to finish off United.

There was a break where I think Liverpool had 5 on 3 and they made a total balls of it. I think it summed it up.

I did think the team looked jaded and a bit flat and posted that in here at half time when winning 2-1 but I don’t think energy was the issue in the second half as such, more so the lack of ambition to score a third to finish off United.

There was a break where I think Liverpool had 5 on 3 and they made a total balls of it. I think it summed it up.

Thar break was 5 v 2 and Liverpool didn't look convincing

I thought at that stage that Liverpool were gifting Utd a life line

Kelleher booked for time wasting wasn't a good look

Last edited:
Thar break was 5 v 2 and Liverpool didn't look convincing

I thought at that stage that Liverpool were gifting Utd a life line

Kelleher booked for time wasting wasn't a good look
There was a similar break to that one in ET and also was fluffed. And you’re right, the yellow for Kelleher wasn’t a good look and those sort of things have not at all been the way of Klopp’s team in recent years.

But fair play to United, Liverpool left them hang in there and they punished accordingly and showed some balls when the game was on the line. Hopefully will be a lesson learnt in defeat. I think Liverpool potentially sleep walked into it and took United for granted.

There was a similar break to that one in ET and also was fluffed. And you’re right, the yellow for Kelleher wasn’t a good look and those sort of things have not at all been the way of Klopp’s team in recent years.

But fair play to United, Liverpool left them hang in there and they punished accordingly and showed some balls when the game was on the line. Hopefully will be a lesson learnt in defeat. I think Liverpool potentially sleep walked into it and took United for granted.

Utd's last 3 goals would all be strikes against the head, so to speak

Antony scoring with his right foot.

McTominay seting up Rashford with a perfect pass

Amad scoring the winner after very little game time this season.

On another day, none of these go in

I don't remember such an open game between Utd and Liverpool

Could have been 5 - 5

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼