The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Agreed unfortunately. Good lad to score a couple in a hammering but in general not clinical enough in the important moments.

There’s been a few false dawns with him and he’s definitely contributed well and scored some important goals but I don’t think he’s reliable enough.

Against a low block his touch and hold up play is very poor. He’d be better in a counter-attacking team but Liverpool’s fantastic habit of conceding first causes the opposition to drop deep and without space Nunez is shockingly poor.

Hes dogshit m8

Youre all over Hojlund but at least at just 21 he has a ceiling to improve. Nunez is 24 and his finishing is completely hopeless.

West Ham and Newcastle are the highest placed sides hes scored against in the league this term. His missed chances have f*cked them.

Hes dogshit m8

Youre all over Hojlund but at least at just 21 he has a ceiling to improve. Nunez is 24 and his finishing is completely hopeless.

West Ham and Newcastle are the highest placed sides hes scored against in the league this term. His missed chances have f*cked them.
Players still very much have a high ceiling for improvement at 24. That’s still young. To say otherwise is just silly. He’s inconsistent and often wild but he’s had a much superior season to Hojlund.

Fair enough to criticise Nunez for his shortcomings but to try say there’s value for money in Hojlund by some sort of comparison is just hilarious. 3 years younger with plenty of potential but he’s been worse than Nunez by quite a distance.

Players still very much have a high ceiling for improvement at 24. That’s still young. To say otherwise is just silly. He’s inconsistent and often wild but he’s had a much superior season to Hojlund.

Fair enough to criticise Nunez for his shortcomings but to try say there’s value for money in Hojlund by some sort of comparison is just hilarious. 3 years younger with plenty of potential but he’s been worse than Nunez by quite a distance.

Yeah, Nunez point blank blasting the ball at Hendo yesterday marked him out as a player of real quality.

Hes a complete turkey and ye would be lucky to claw back half of what ye spent on him.

I mean ffs, what more does he have to do to show ye he isnt good enough. Onreal

I see some overly-optimistic lfc fans on twitter comparing nunez stats over the first 50 games with Suarez and they’re quite similar.

Personally, i think it’s wishful thinking. Nunez has loads of good attributes but he doesn’t have a brain and he’s a striker that will score 20 in 50 over a season where with a bit of composure it’d be 30+.

The style of play used by the new manager will determine Nunez future. Benteke was inherited by Klopp and had a reasonable PL scoring record but was bombed out because he didn’t fit.

I’d give Hojlund a break given his age and the shambles around him. He’s very rough around the edges but maybe with proper coaching can refine his game.

Salah, Firmino, Jota, Mané all went up a level under klopp but Nunez seems un-coachable and that doesn’t bode well tbh.

I see some overly-optimistic lfc fans on twitter comparing nunez stats over the first 50 games with Suarez and they’re quite similar.

Personally, i think it’s wishful thinking. Nunez has loads of good attributes but he doesn’t have a brain and he’s a striker that will score 20 in 50 over a season where with a bit of composure it’d be 30+.

The style of play used by the new manager will determine Nunez future. Benteke was inherited by Klopp and had a reasonable PL scoring record but was bombed out because he didn’t fit.

I’d give Hojlund a break given his age and the shambles around him. He’s very rough around the edges but maybe with proper coaching can refine his game.

Salah, Firmino, Jota, Mané all went up a level under klopp but Nunez seems un-coachable and that doesn’t bode well tbh.

My God, two sensible posts in the space of a single morning.

Who are you and what have you done with OrchardY? 🥺

My God, two sensible posts in the space of a single morning.

Who are you and what have you done with OrchardY? 🥺

Lol!

The hope of an unlikely title win had me all hyper and angsty!

Ever had bad diarrhoea?

I’d a ferocious pain in the stomach a few years ago after a heavy beamish_y weekend.

I made a bolt for home but got caught behind a silage trailer, chanced a fart and BOOM, you know yourself.

For a split second the relief of violent stomach pain was worth it. Then the warmth hit.

So I’m in that post shitting yourself zen-like state at the minute.

The warmth will hit soon and I’ll be back to being a right cunt.

Lol!

The hope of an unlikely title win had me all hyper and angsty!

Ever had bad diarrhoea?

I’d a ferocious pain in the stomach a few years ago after a heavy beamish_y weekend.

I made a bolt for home but got caught behind a silage trailer, chanced a fart and BOOM, you know yourself.

For a split second the relief of violent stomach pain was worth it. Then the warmth hit.

So I’m in that post shitting yourself zen-like state at the minute.

The warmth will hit soon and I’ll be back to being a right cunt.

Lol, I feel your pain.

I was driving home from walking the dog one evening, needed to take a dump and boom, suddenly in a split second I realised with horror that I wasn't going to make it.

Thankfully I was on a quiet stretch of road and I dove into a nearby field with literally seconds to spare.

Jobs a good one

As luck would have it I had a bit of tissue handy to spare the jocks perishing.
Besides the embarrassment the relief of not shitting myself was quite euphoric.

Anyways, heres Darwin Nunez on a night out

20240415_111724.jpg

Nunez has improved but not enough. He’s consistently a chaos merchant but his finishing and link up play is consistently inconsistent. But there is improvement from last season for certain. He won’t get another season under Klopp and his future will be determined by the new manager, as with everyone else really.

He has to do better in front of goal at times but his contribution to the way the side has played has been a positive overall this season. Not sure you could say the same for Hojlund, even if he’s raw, 3 years younger and in a worse side.

Man City to win all remaining 5 games and become first team to do 4 Prems in a row. Depressing. If not Liverpool then i would want Arsenal to win it. Id even pick Man U to win it over City. At least these clubs have tradition and history and are not some fucking corporate souless shit like City.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Indie/Folk Music

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼