The Official Lenient Sentence Thread

The legal fraternity (not confraternity, because we are not a brotherhood) don't have a say in the appointment or removal or Judges, nor can we control their sentencing decisions.
I must say that you have great patience to take the time to explain the legal process to idiots. Although drawing a picture might be better :lol!:

What do you make of his sentencing decisions? Seem to be an awful lot of lenient ones when it comes to him.
I haven't studied them in depth tbh. The ones I see highlighted seem overly lenient but I don't know if he is always lenient or if it is just that the overly lenient sentences are the only ones that are reported.

A better way of getting a sense of whether or not his sentences are out of kilter would be to see what percentage of them get appealled by the DPP. I don't have an answer to that, but it would be interesting to see if his appeals list are markedly higher than the average.

When Judge Pattwell was in.North Cork, for example, because he was so over the top in his sentences his appeal lists clogged all the Circuit court lists.

I haven't studied them in depth tbh. The ones I see highlighted seem overly lenient but I don't know if he is always lenient or if it is just that the overly lenient sentences are the only ones that are reported.

A better way of getting a sense of whether or not his sentences are out of kilter would be to see what percentage of them get appealled by the DPP. I don't have an answer to that, but it would be interesting to see if his appeals list are markedly higher than the average.

When Judge Pattwell was in.North Cork, for example, because he was so over the top in his sentences his appeal lists clogged all the Circuit court lists.
I remember the stories about Pattwell 😅 is there an easy way to find out percentage of appeals?

I’d almost forgotten about him 😂

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼