The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Murray and O Mahoney are finished. Crazy giving him captaincy when far better young leaders to give it to. Time to send him on gardening leave.

Supporters club tickets were released yesterday afaik, do you know any members?

A very kind PROC poster who we both know offered to get my tickets for me with his season ticket 🎟 😎

Once in a lifetime experience, Munster vs the All Blacks in Thomond. Amazing scenes.

Then the girlfriend reminded me we've tickets for a gig in New York the same night FFS. 🤦‍♂️

A very kind PROC poster who we both know offered to get my tickets for me with his season ticket 🎟 😎

Once in a lifetime experience, Munster vs the All Blacks in Thomond. Amazing scenes.

Then the girlfriend reminded me we've tickets for a gig in New York the same night FFS. 🤦‍♂️
Whipissssshhhhhh!!!!

Murray and O Mahoney are finished. Crazy giving him captaincy when far better young leaders to give it to. Time to send him on gardening leave.
He's unlikely to be captain for the summer, less so again for Autumn and almost certainly won't be next year. It looks like it's all set up for Doris.

Ryan was a disaster and Doris is a banker to start when fit

There are folks saying that it was more Furlong making a meal of it.
I think the clip in the coverage isn't good enough to give a clear view, this is from the RTE analysis when they zoomed in, and even then, maybe he hit him on the head, hard to be certain. It's definitely marginal from this angle. Maybe he made no attempt to bind, you can only tell from the opposite angle (can't see his left arm at all here). With Mitchell and Itoje blocking before and afterwards, it might be that the TMO thought there isn't enough there to be sure.
View attachment 30806

The fact that Furlong reacts like he's been shot in the face, then immediately gets on with it probably doesn't help.

Because Genge's head is clearly outside Furlong's right shoulder, I'd say it's a glancing blow to the head at most. Still at least a penalty, possibly a card. Don't like going over this stuff too much though as they should have beaten 15 men, but didn't.
Would have been a yellow I'd say. They always officiate based on outcomes which is annoying but Genge came flying in like a rocket.

The issues with the gumshields is that I think so far, they've not been accurate. Almost all players pinged passed the HIA immediately

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼