The Official Irish Rugby Thread

I would have taken a 5th six naitons title in 11 years before the tournament started.

Saying that after the brilliant win in France the players and management will put this championship down as failure to secure a grand slam.

Hard to put a finger on it but the performances slowly got worse after the France game. A ruthless team would have put 40 on wales and scotland.

So many things went wrong in the England game and yet they were still so close to holding on.

Scrum was solid but Lineout again after the French game was a major issue.

Crowley did fine and will only get better

A replacement for Keenan when injured and who is the back up 10 are the key issues

Hansen was a big loss.

Another issue is the likes of Healy & Murray still being picked. Surely Farrell has to draw a line under both and give the others a chance. Think he'll stick with POM a bit longer but you could argue with the likes of Baird, Ahern and Beirne who can play 6 we may have seen the last of POM too.

With only 2 tests in south Africa I cant see more than 26 players travelling so we probably wont see much change from the six nations squad but with 4 tests in November we need to see some of the fringe players getting a shot

Yeah fair enough coogee but I think people are forgetting that France basically played that game with 14 men and apart from that I don't think they were really dialled in after their world cup failure. That result gave a false impression of just where we were at as subsequent events confirmed. A decent shot nevertheless.

Leinster side for Leicester
Keenan back
Will be interesting to see how Osborne does
Ross Byrne straight back in over his brother. Think Harry can forget about an international career now

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets)
15. Hugo Keenan (63)
14. Jordan Larmour (101)
13. Robbie Henshaw (85)
12. Jamie Osborne (40)
11. James Lowe (75)
10. Ross Byrne (155)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (135)
1. Andrew Porter (115)
2. Dan Sheehan (56)
3. Tadhg Furlong (140)
4. Ross Molony (175)
5. Joe McCarthy (29)
6. Ryan Baird (63)
7. Josh van der Flier (136)
8. Caelan Doris (76) CAPTAIN

Replacements: 16. Rónan Kelleher (56) 17. Cian Healy (272) 18. Michael Ala’alatoa (62) 19. Jason Jenkins (32) 20. Jack Conan (140) 21. Ben Murphy (11) 22. Harry Byrne (62) 23. Ciarán Frawley (80)

Ulster side for Montpellier

Balacoune and Doak will be hoping to impress

(15-9) Stewart Moore, Rob Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ethan McIlroy, Nathan Doak, John Cooney;

(1-8) Steven Kitshoff, Rob Herring, Tom O’Toole, Alan O’Connor, Iain Henderson (C), Matty Rea, David McCann, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Andy Warwick, Scott Wilson, Harry Sheridan, Cormac Izuchukwu, Jake Flannery, Jacob Stockdale, Dave Ewers.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Rebel Comedy Club

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼