The Official Irish Rugby Thread

And none of us are surprised. Few issues there too now, Harry Byrne should be in the stand with the rest of the fans, McCarthy's honeymoon is over, Baird again went missing.

Probably not much to worry about, Frawley can sort all that out.
Harry Byrne is an empty shirt. The thing that blew me away was giving the POTM to JGP. WTAF? So many of his passes were poor. Not terrible, but just enough to kill momentum, receiver stooping, or having to jump up, or a bit behind. He is a very good player, but that doesn't mean he's not overrated.

It's disappointing that we still have incompetent guys like Whitehouse and Jonker being appointed as TMO for top international games. They are both very poor and Ireland were on the receiving end of 2 very bad decisions.
The failure to review the Genge clear out and the ruling out of a good try by Furlong. Furlong grounded the ball and there was no separation in the act. There is no way that Jonker could have called a knock on so it was a very bad call.

These guys are well paid and should be held to account

It's disappointing that we still have incompetent guys like Whitehouse and Jonker being appointed as TMO for top international games. They are both very poor and Ireland were on the receiving end of 2 very bad decisions.
The failure to review the Genge clear out and the ruling out of a good try by Furlong. Furlong grounded the ball and there was no separation in the act. There is no way that Jonker could have called a knock on so it was a very bad call.

These guys are well paid and should be held to account
That furlong try call was infuriating. He did lose control of it a little. In my opinion he had controlled downward pressure but I can see why it's contentious.

It definitely wasn't a knock on though. If anything, it was knocked forward by Scotland.

That furlong try call was infuriating. He did lose control of it a little. In my opinion he had controlled downward pressure but I can see why it's contentious.

It definitely wasn't a knock on though. If anything, it was knocked forward by Scotland.
Downward pressure isn't a requirement anymore right? Just no separation and there definitely wasn't any of that.

Like you said if they thought it was then it's a knock on in the tackle. Turner mad contact with his head earlier in that tackle too but that was glossed over.

It's been a very poor tournament for officials.

Do lads like Jager and Frawley get a winners medal given that they played in games?

Seems fairly harsh if they don't.

Also does Craig Casey get a medal? Lad was straight into the photos yesterday for his sterling work as a waterboy during the 6N

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom McRae
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

3rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Black Apple Bastards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼