The Official Irish Rugby Thread

This is France being France from back in the day:

FErUiqwXMAA-XRO

Doris’ finished off a passage of play there where Ireland got their breakdowns cleared quickly, consistently. Even Murray sped up distributing it but you can tell he can’t sustain it, every few rucks he has hands on the ball for a couple of seconds too long and that’s at his quickest. I wouldn’t necessarily say the French win took the gloss off Ireland’s win. There’s more than one way to skin a cat, Ireland got on too and stayed on top. France we’re very very close to being caught, their backrow in the midfield throwing that intercept did for them. Foster is surely gone now. Big questions need to be asked on their depth too. Jordan is on another level but where are the others coming through? Mo’unga and Havili haven’t done it at the top level yet. It will be interesting to see what they do now.

another good win for Ireland

result was never in doubt really even though argies left a certain13 points behind them in he first half

pack were class again although not as dominant as last week especially in the first 50mins before argies gave up

Carberry got Man of the match but for me Porter, Kelliher, Furlong, Beirne and Doris were more deserving

Murray was poor early on then came more into he game but still overall didnt look comforrtable with the new style of play.There was a noticeable pick up in tempo when Casey came on and he proved he can handle things at this level. Its time for Murray to be cut loose

Carberry played the last 30 mins at full back at looked comfortable there but not sure Harry Byrne is ready for the 10 shirt yet. He needs a good run of games at 10 for leinster

Still not sure if Farrell knows his first choice centres..it has to be henshaw and either aki or ringrose for me. Will be a tough call

Great impact off the bench from Sheehan and Baird. The likes of O Toole and Timoney did well too

All in all a very positive autumn series..some change in style from this time 12 months ago

another good win for Ireland

result was never in doubt really even though argies left a certain13 points behind them in he first half

pack were class again although not as dominant as last week especially in the first 50mins before argies gave up

Carberry got Man of the match but for me Porter, Kelliher, Furlong, Beirne and Doris were more deserving

Murray was poor early on then came more into he game but still overall didnt look comforrtable with the new style of play.There was a noticeable pick up in tempo when Casey came on and he proved he can handle things at this level. Its time for Murray to be cut loose

Carberry played the last 30 mins at full back at looked comfortable there but not sure Harry Byrne is ready for the 10 shirt yet. He needs a good run of games at 10 for leinster

Still not sure if Farrell knows his first choice centres..it has to be henshaw and either aki or ringrose for me. Will be a tough call

Great impact off the bench from Sheehan and Baird. The likes of O Toole and Timoney did well too

All in all a very positive autumn series..some change in style from this time 12 months ago
Murray gifted The Argies that try, did his typical box kick and 4 passes later they had a try.

Time for him to be cut loose alright.
I would not even want him as a starter with Munster anymore

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼