The Official Irish Rugby Thread

An incredible game for the U20's v Wales in Colwyn Bay this evening. Munster's Quinn was awesome - got a great try.

Wales started off at a frantic pace and have seriously good backs - Irl didn't know what hit them but recovered and took over in the 2nd half.

The Leinster conveyor belt keeps rolling along - serious quality.

Some sell outs assured in Musser

Murray and Sheehan both injury doubts. Casey as a starter should be interesting, up against Dupont.
I suppose for all the talk of Ireland being dependent on Sexton, we don't look quite as carefully at where other teams have enormous single player dependencies.
France's 6 nations squad has the following scrumhalves:
Leo Coly - uncapped
Nolann Le Garrec - uncapped

Machenaud is 34, was a great player but dropped from the 6 nations squad. I'm sure he could do a job for them, but their depth at 9 is looking pretty shallow right now.
Dupont has already played 17 matches this season (winning 18!) and played for 80 mins in 10 of them.

That's an awful lot of minutes on the clock in this season, of all seasons.

I'd say there's a pretty decent chance he's a broken man come the quarter/semi-final stages if they keep flogging him like this.

Is it my imagination or is there an exceptional number of late withdrawals from Irish teams? Is there a chance it's actually a strategy for testing the team's resilience?

Is it my imagination or is there an exceptional number of late withdrawals from Irish teams? Is there a chance it's actually a strategy for testing the team's resilience?
It wouldn’t surprise me if Farrell pulls Murray from the team last minute. He might have already had a word in Murray’s ear.
It’ll be a gauntlet to throw down to the squad.
Chaos.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Farrell pulls Murray from the team last minute. He might have already had a word in Murray’s ear.
Chaos.
They have already spoken and Connor Murray is fine to play apparently so expect him to be withdrawn any minute now.

Chaos.
Know it sounds a little conspiracy theory-ish, but against Italy, Ireland lost 2 players on the day (Healy & Gibson Park), against Australia, they lost Sexton on the day.

If it happens again this weekend, it's starting to look like a trend. Would be weird though, because those players have had lay-offs, but stressing the team to make it able to adapt to challenging situations is definitely something Farrell wants to do.

Ruins the opposition plans to somewhat. If you were preparing for Murray at 9 and suddenly on the day were told its Casey that's starting in 40 mins time you'd have a bit of a job to shuffle round.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom McRae
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

3rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼