The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Great performance by u20's last night. French pack was bloody massive. Some looked closer to 30 than 20.

The Leinster talent conveyor is just rolling along. The out half, Prendergast looks as if he could fill in for Sexton right now. It's mind boggling just how far Leinster/Ireland has advanced in recent time. World No 1 at Senior Level and arguably European No 1 at U20 level in recent years (something like 17 wins in last 19 now)

Never expected to see this in my lifetime.

Big call out to the atmosphere in Muzzer again. Limerick Home of Munster Rugby - Ye're having a laugh :ROFLMAO:

Ryle and Jackman didn't seem on their game last evening. Our captain went of for a HIA just after knocking on - Jackman said he had got a yellow card and never corrected this.
Neither saw the ref giving us advantage for the winning penalty. Maybe the noise levels, I dunno, but missed a few biggies.

The success of Leinster is even more remarkable when you consider just how much of their intake is from a relatively small number of schools, particularly Blackrock and St Michael's. And it's not just Leinster it benefits, the likes of Carbery, Loughman, Conway, Jordi Murphy, Madigan all came from Blackrock. By my estimate, 7 of the team today come from Blackrock, St Michael's or Clongowes.

I'd say that if you're in the Blackrock senior team, you've probably got a 10%+ chance of getting a professional contract.

That is a remarkable success rate, especially when you consider that they're composing the team currently sitting at no. 1 in the world rankings.

Ardscoil Ris, Bandon Grammar, Pres are all contributing well into the professional game, think building on that, learning the lessons from Leinster, should be a focus over the long term.

Clearly having such a narrow source of players isn't actually damaging Leinster right now.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼