The Official Dads Thread..

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement all.
Best of luck with it all its an absolute whirlwind but it's the best thing I've ever done. They're absolute mad bastards.

Don't be afraid to tell people to fuck off with unsolicited advice as well. You hear absolute mad shite.

- yes, of course you tell me to fuck off with that advice.

What are some of the smaller moments that you enjoy ?
My fella has just started "football tots", it's basically glorified running around or 45 minutes of gegenpress. He's almost 4. He'll stop during a drill, look for me and when he sees me gives my a thumbs up and sticks his tongue out (its a thing we do) he bursts out laughing to himself and gets on with what he was doing. Makes my Sunday every single week.

You'll also have weird moments where you realise whatever "version" of your kid you're on e.g. gummy smiles before milk teeth, as they age through stages you're going to "lose" that version of him/her. You'll quickly forget about when they develop into an even more awesome version of themselves. But it's a weid melancholy.

Arguably best of all though ... you get to watch Bluey in about 2 years time. It's probably the best kids show out there. And it will smack you in the face a few times. Remember these words "grandad Lake episode".

My fella has just started "football tots", it's basically glorified running around or 45 minutes of gegenpress. He's almost 4. He'll stop during a drill, look for me and when he sees me gives my a thumbs up and sticks his tongue out (its a thing we do) he bursts out laughing to himself and gets on with what he was doing. Makes my Sunday every single week.

You'll also have weird moments where you realise whatever "version" of your kid you're on e.g. gummy smiles before milk teeth, as they age through stages you're going to "lose" that version of him/her. You'll quickly forget about when they develop into an even more awesome version of themselves. But it's a weid melancholy.

Arguably best of all though ... you get to watch Bluey in about 2 years time. It's probably the best kids show out there. And it will smack you in the face a few times. Remember these words "grandad Lake episode".

Haha!! X2 Class show.

I remember coming home from work and the missus saying she watched a great bluey with the small fella that day.

I was dead jealous, she wouldn’t watch them with me at all.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

The Teachers’ Lounge (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼