The official Cork court report thread.

Indeed...sound advice.

I was equally shocked to hear of this "b and b" carry on.
As bad as "stealthing" if you ask me
Given that stealthing is rape and not staying in contact with someone you have had sex with is not, I don't think that's true.

Nor do I consider it shocking tbh.

Is stealthing rape?

Just to be clear..my understanding..and this came from a group talking to the media is the guy "stealthily" takes the condom off whilst having sex.
Utterly scummy behaviour but is it convictable as a rape? Have there been sucessful convictions?

M or F doing a block after sex is fairly scummy also...especially if no protection was used and their could be a risk of pregnancy or std.

Im guessung that you being the legal person here that you are not easily shocked.

I still do get shocked from time to time
There have been sexual assault/rape convictions in a number of jurisdictions for stelthing offences.

The world is a much safer place now, great work by the Garda to stop that 25eur of weed ending up in the community.
This was the predominant headline on the online edition yesterday.

Well they manage to get the big hauls as well tbf.
I'd say yer manno would want to lie low anytime he has a stash on his person. But that's the thing with cannabis, rots the brain cells eventually.

The world is a much safer place now, great work by the Garda to stop that 25eur of weed ending up in the community.
This was the predominant headline on the online edition yesterday.

Some waste of resources alright. Meanwhile fellas getting hopped all over town and not a cop in sight.

I wouldn't blame the gardai for not patroling the streets. Too many alchohol laced and drugged up lunatics around.
That'll solve the issue alright. Might as well get rid of police altogether sure. Or maybe if leadership in there led and put a presence on the street with appropriate weaponry , numbers and protection this problem would improve.

Time to stop gardai doing office crap, etc, get out and police. Stop viewing it as a professional graduate role, bring it back to eager leaving cert level recruits. Won't happen though as the will isn't there. They've abdicated on most stuff already like response times and frequencies citing no resources. No accountability internally and politically.

That'll solve the issue alright. Might as well get rid of police altogether sure. Or maybe if leadership in there led and put a presence on the street with appropriate weaponry , numbers and protection this problem would improve.

Time to stop gardai doing office crap, etc, get out and police. Stop viewing it as a professional graduate role, bring it back to eager leaving cert level recruits. Won't happen though as the will isn't there. They've abdicated on most stuff already like response times and frequencies citing no resources. No accountability internally and politically.
All that true enough. Hard to know how to resolve it really. It's nearly as messed up as the HSE.

Weaponry, Numbers & Protection..... sounds ideal. But that's just all it is I reckon.... Idealistic. The leadership is far from ever being able to do that I suppose. In the meantime service is compromised.

And you are right the will isn't there. Fed up to their back teeth of dealing with shitheads.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cops and Robert

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼