The Official Celtic Thread

Celtic very heavily linked to signing a former target, Hammarby's 25 year old Iraqi international left back, Mohanad Jeahze. Looks good on youtube (don't they all?) going forward but I think it's defending is the primary issue for a left back. We've conceded too many sloppy goals in Europe. Speed is a primary concern at the back with Starfelt and Ralston and indeed Taylor not the fastest from what I've seen. CCV can move a bit for such a big lad and I think Juranovic too.

Didn't think much of Taylor when he arrived and for months after but in fairness I think he's improved as this season wore on. Be interesting to see if we do sign this new guy for a reputed 2M how it'll pan out.

There's now talks of Newcastle coming in and scuppering our proposed signing of CCV. Hopefully he'll sign for us and at 6M rising to a possible10M(rumoured that we have a option to buy clause) I'd see it as decent value if he repeats this season's form, but that's just chump change to the likes of Newcastle.

Champions Again Olé Olé

Read online that you'd need to be 89 years or older to have witnessed more league victories for that other mob than for Celtic.

Those following Celtic through the 60s and 70s having had to undergo decades of living on relative scraps were in a golden generation and since the turn of the Millennium Celtic have entered another golden age. You can see now why Rogic was dead right to correct the journalist at the start of the season.

GG has confounded a lot of us who were wondering early in the season if we'd bought the right guy. Brilliant option up front. Mobile, can hold it up, loves the physicality, and knows where the net is.

Presumably CalMac will auction off that mask now - though I'm sure it haunts some of the huns :cool:

Not sure if I mentioned it already but it seems Nir Biton is away back to Israel. Great utility player with a bit of dig. Probably well enough covered in midfield and centrehalf now but he did us a service when needed.
He did indeed. My fondest memories of him will probably be from this season weirdly.

Without tricky qualifiers to navigate in July, the need for an emergency centre half isnt what it once was.

Rumours abound that Tom Rogic will be heading home to Oz at the end of the season and bring his Celtic tenure to an end. He's given us some special special moments. Hard to pick one as there have been so many, including what was voted Goal of The Season this season away to Dundee United but for me his stand out moment was the late late Cup Final goal against the dons to secure the Treble. We got some value from him, and to think he was going to be left go to some club in the middle-east a season or two back.

James Forrest has also put pen to paper on another 3 years at Celtic. Not the universal hero he once was, and under pressure for a place with Jota and Abada, on song he can be unplayable, and as Ange admits, he loves wingers. Hopefully it's not an indication that we are not going for Jota.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Corner House, Coburg St.

20th Jun 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

DJ Denis

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼