The Official Celtic Thread

Celtic were not liquidated
Rangers were liquidated.

Liquidation means the end. They didn't get new owners, they died. The end.

Famously all clubs with new owners start in the bottom tier don't they?

As I say, it's not a debate, it's just a fact. If you don't like facts, it's not my problem. I'm not under any obligation to indulge your delusion.
No one is arguing Rangers didn't go into liquidation.

However liquidation does not necessarily mean the end, there are a whole host of companies that went into administration and emerged after a restructuring of debts and new ownership and emerged out the other side, Hertz General motors etc.

And as you well know Rangers lost their license because of the above, and once they had a new one granted the Scottish teams voted against them rejoining the top flight.

My question to you is, if you truly believe they are a completely new entity and separate to the Rangers the rest of us view them as, than why when they were in the third division would you have been pattering on about the HUN and some such when they weren't even your rivals, surely only an idiot would have a rivalry with a team they had never played or competed against?

And the answer is hopefully because you don't believe the nonsense you are spouting, you may do it because you can get a rise out of Rangers fans but do you believe it, I would like to think you are not that much of a moron.

If the post had ended here, we'd have an accord. However you go on to argue as though it never happened.

I'm gonna have to insist you drop the moniker "sensible"... the cap don't fit.

It's clear you don't understand what liquidation is. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

Liquidation is not Administration. There's a world of difference between the two. There's plenty resources available if you cared to learn the difference. You might even find out your fantasy of liquidation as a means restructuring debt is a criminal offence. "Sensible" my hole.

You wanna talk about Rangers' licence? I'm happy to talk about that too.... we can get to that once you've brushed up on the UK's 2006 Companies Act. Spoiler alert.... what you think happened isn't what happened at all.

I don't know why you feel the need to double down on this. You are just ignorant on this topic. I'm sure there's things you actually know about. This ain't one of em. No harm done.

We can have a difference of opinion on things no bother. What I won't go along with is re-imagining matters of fact.

Last edited:
If the post had ended here, we'd have an accord. However you go on to argue as though it never happened.

I'm gonna have to insist you drop the moniker "sensible"... the cap don't fit.

It's clear you don't understand what liquidation is. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

Liquidation is not Administration. There's a world of difference between the two. There's plenty resources available if you cared to learn the difference. You might even find out your fantasy of liquidation as a means restructuring debt is a criminal offence. "Sensible" my hole.

You wanna talk about Rangers' licence? I'm happy to talk about that too.... we can get to that once you've brushed up on the UK's 2006 Companies Act. Spoiler alert.... what you think happened isn't what happened at all.

I don't know why you feel the need to double down on this. You are just ignorant on this topic. I'm sure there's things you actually know about. This ain't one of em. No harm done.

We can have a difference of opinion on things no bother. What I won't go along with is re-imagining matters of fact.
Thanks for the explanation much appreciated.

Now would you care to answer the question posed, if not thats fine.

My question to you is, if you truly believe they are a completely new entity and separate to the Rangers the rest of us view them as, than why when they were in the third division would you have been pattering on about the HUN and some such when they weren't even your rivals, surely only an idiot would have a rivalry with a team they had never played or competed against?

I didn't talk much about them at all until they were visited upon us.

And I do truly believe in the well established fact they are a new club. I treat them as such. I can't speak for anyone else.

I was a big fan of the fresh Prince of Bel Air. Vivian Banks was a great character. I was disappointed when they changed the actress. The new Aunt Viv had the same characteristics..... but it was a different Aunt Viv. Everyone seemed to treat her the same... I guess that was the intention. But very clearly Aunt Viv was being delivered through a different medium.

Maybe that analogy doesn't work so well as Aunt Viv was a sympathetic character.

I didn't talk much about them at all until they were visited upon us.

And I do truly believe in the well established fact they are a new club. I treat them as such. I can't speak for anyone else.

I was a big fan of the fresh Prince of Bel Air. Vivian Banks was a great character. I was disappointed when they changed the actress. The new Aunt Viv had the same characteristics..... but it was a different Aunt Viv. Everyone seemed to treat her the same... I guess that was the intention. But very clearly Aunt Viv was being delivered through a different medium.

Maybe that analogy doesn't work so well as Aunt Viv was a sympathetic character.
Ok, fair enough, I will defer to your greater knowledge of Scottish football, and treat them as a different club.

Bearing that in mind, then there is certainly one thing we have to be in agreement with when we look at things objectively, and that is the magnitude of their achievement.

A newly formed club starting in the lowest division getting promoted each year and then within a few years winning the EPL, it is hard to argue against that being the greatest domestic achievement by any Scottish club. It is some fairytale all the same.

I've no doubt as a fair minded individual you have a similar view.

Last edited:
No. I don't think it's that great an achievement to be honest. Their spend relative to all of the other clubs (and a number of other advantages that went their way) meant it was inevitable they'd get to second spot fairly handily. To win it was something else but the greatest domestic achievement.... no chance.

To reach a Europa league final was something. Gave me the fear that they'd win that.... thankfully they failed.

Only you and the other chap would think so.

Rangers entered administration were taken over by Sevco and have reverted to the name Rangers.

Do you dispute this?

Time you changed your name, or maybe it's just being ironic.

Rangers entered administration - Correct.
Then when Rangers could not come to an arrangement with their creditors, including a myriad of entities from HMRC to a facepainter and a local newsagent, they were LIQUIDATED (Liquidation refers to the process of bringing a business to an end and distributing its assets to claimants).

That you'd try and pretend otherwise is hilarious.

What am I making up exactly?

Whether some idiotic Rangers fans will acknowledge whether the club was rescued and bought out, I couldn't give a toss if they are in denial about that.

You are fixated on the liquidation aspect, why?

If I buy your house tomorrow it is still the same house whether I buy it because you put it on the market or the banks repossessed it and put it on the market.

Celtic have new owners Rangers have new owners practically every club in the premiership have new owners the one constant being they are all the same clubs just with different ownership than in the past, why you find that so hard to grasp is beyond me.

Shades of Trigger's Sweeping Brush with this one 🤣 🤣 🤣

Two SPL clubs went into Administration at that time Hearts and Rangers. Hearts came out of Administration because the did a fundraising amongst their fans and raised enough money to pay off their creditors sufficiently for the Creditors to accept the deal. Hearts subsequently released probably THE best club jersey ever where it listed the names of all the fans who stumped up money to stave off liquidation.

Rangers on the other hand did not raise money through their fanbase when they were in Administration in order to try stave off liquidation. They were liquidated. February 2012. Jelly and Ice-cream abounded :cool:

However liquidation does not necessarily mean the end
, there are a whole host of companies that went into administration and emerged after a restructuring of debts and new ownership and emerged out the other side, Hertz General motors etc.

And as you well know Rangers lost their license because of the above, and once they had a new one granted the Scottish teams voted against them rejoining the top flight.

And the answer is hopefully because you don't believe the nonsense you are spouting, you may do it because you can get a rise out of Rangers fans but do you believe it, I would like to think you are not that much of a moron.

Liquidation very much means the end!

You are trying to conflate Administration, with Liquidation.

Hearts (see previously) and Rangers both entered Administration. Hearts agreed a restructuring with their creditors and then came out of Administration - which you can do - and carry on as before.

Rangers did NOT agree a restructuring with their creditors, and thus then when the debts were called in were unable to pay their debts and so went into Liquidation - which is something you can't get out of. You're deid!

The reason the new club, not Rangers but The Rangers, are along with their fans known as the Huns is because most of their fans looking around for some team to follow decided the next best thing was to follow a tribute act, based in the same stadium, and wearing the same regalia, which would feed off the old fan-base in a mutually beneficial bond.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼