the official betting thread.

I was on a Hudson Odoi shot on target ladder last night

3pt - 1+ @ 13/8 (...with the "super sub" offer, where the bet also wins if the guy subbed on gets a SoT)
2pt - 2+ @ 17/2
1pt - 3+ @ 55/1

He had 2 shots on target after only 16 mins, so the first 2 landed. I thought I was on to a winner, but Forest went into their shell and he didn't manage another shot of any type from then on and was subbed after 70 mins.

Showed me that game state can interfere with otherwise good bets & also getting 3+ is always tough for guys who don't regularly stay on for the full 90'

Had ten euro on Newcastle to score first with Matchbook last night, it was an enhanced special.

Thing is I paid 0.46 commission, 5%. Anyone know if this is standard on their specials?
It is, yeah.

"6.4 Matchbook customers located in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Channel Isles and Ireland shall be charged a two percent (2%) commission rate on net profits (excluding enhanced special markets), all other customers shall be charged a four percent (4%) commission rate on net profits (excluding enhanced special markets). All Matchbook customers will be charged a five percent (5%) commission rate on net profits for Enhanced special markets."

Those specials will always offer up big prices as the Matched Bettor loolahs will look to lay prices that are still above the EV line.

It seems a reasonable trade-off to pay 5% comms on that.

Last edited:
It is, yeah.

"6.4 Matchbook customers located in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Channel Isles and Ireland shall be charged a two percent (2%) commission rate on net profits (excluding enhanced special markets), all other customers shall be charged a four percent (4%) commission rate on net profits (excluding enhanced special markets). All Matchbook customers will be charged a five percent (5%) commission rate on net profits for Enhanced special markets."

Those specials will always offer up big prices as the Matched Bettor loolahs will look to lay prices that are still above the EV line.

It seems a reasonable trade-off to pay 5% comms on that.
Thanks for that. Not upset about it, but think I could have backed the same elsewhere with 2% commission.

While I do feel that the Chickens are coming home to roost for the gambling industry's bad behaviour in the past, the "big bad bookie" narrative is also fairly tiresome.

If you're a small to medium operator who is gambling independently from others then you, more than likely, won't draw the attention of anybody.

If you're moving thousands in and out of your betting accounts or your Mam, Nan, Auntie and Cousins also have accounts with the same firms, then you ought to expect to be asked for extra docs.

If you're not constantly exchanging large funds with randomers, or being an all round degenerate in how you manage your finances, in your banking, then you won't have much to worry about in terms of showing them your docs.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Frank and Walters
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Cathal Fitz

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼