The Official Athletics Thread

Back her for Olympic gold!
Jaysus liathroidY, give her some space lad. That form just means she'd challenge for a place in the final - needs to drop another 0.75 seconds to be a podium contender. Don't forget there's three races over three days - the really big guns (the 48.XX merchants) deliver world-class runs three days in a row, then still manage low 49s in the final. Very difficult for a newbie to do that.

Jaysus liathroidY, give her some space lad. That form just means she'd challenge for a place in the final - needs to drop another 0.75 seconds to be a podium contender. Don't forget there's three races over three days - the really big guns (the 48.XX merchants) deliver world-class runs three days in a row, then still manage low 49s in the final. Very difficult for a newbie to do that.
Syd McLoughlan-Lavrone has more or less said she would try to double too. Same coach as Athing Mu so that showdown could happen at 400m. No least Femke Bol and her WR indoors on top of the Miller-Uibos and Paulinos etc.

Womens 400m will be stacked for the next few years.

Its going to be brilliant

As you were through 10km. I was half hoping the fella Belihu Andamlik, the guy who went with Kipchoge to halfway in berlin in 59 low would be up there. But no sign. Yer man CJ Albertson is the self proclaimed greatest downhill runner in the world

The women's lead group is about twice the size of the mens. Plenty of yanks hanging in there

EK doing a lot of looking around and scowling at fellas. More than usual. I've seen him do that before, like in the Rio Olympics as well as with the Brazilian lad in the last one, but this is a bit odd. Wonder will he say, 'Fuck it, I'm off' soon.........

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼