The Official Athletics Thread

Adeleke going in the NCAA semi final tonight at 23.25. Behind a paywall on ESPN + is the only thing.

Final is Saturday at 23:20. Head to Head with Talitha Diggs.

Loads of other Irish interest. Brian Fay in the mile and 3k. He's one of 6 i think sub 4 milers from University of Washington. Joe Wasksom is thw favourite, Fay's teammate and last year's champ.

Barry Keane is in the 5k.

Charlie O'Donovan is in the DMR

Sophie O'Sullivan qualified for the mile but isn't entered so she'll be anchoring the DMR.

I'm sure there are a couple more I'm forgetting

Keep an eye on Roisin Willis in the 800 She runs for the US but here Mam is from Sligo and Ran at the Atlanta Games for Ireland. She's one of three phenoms who are likely to Eclipse Ajee Wilson/Athing Mu in the next few years.

Last year all races were on YouTube by the following morning. I hope it's the same this year.

Last edited:
Adeleke didn't exactly set the world alight there. I wonder if she's had an issue in training. Other than the blistering 50.35 (was that it?) she's actually been quiet these last few months. Hopefully, they don't overdo it with her.

Hard to know. She might have been shutting it down. Its all small q's so the NCAA might have a weird rank rule. Maybe she knew she had it?

Its up at altitude but her 50.33 was in the same place

I thought she started slow and then she glided around the bend eating up the stagger. So what do I know.

Fay looked great too.

Need to watch the rest

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Roy Orbison Reborn starring Dean Bourne

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼