The Official Athletics Thread

New system in place this year for all heats.

Top 12 by ranking skip round 1. So Adeleke and Chris O'Donnell go straight to the semi's.

Not sure of yhe effect of this. Hopefully it'll drag a few of our athletes to PBs when the fast lads come in and there wont be such a sqew to last heats for time qualifiers.

Just spotted that Femke Bol going for the 400m, 4x400m and 400m Hurdles triple. It'd be great if she can pull it off and i would expect her to at least medal in all 3.

Womens 10k is the final tonight 20:48 tonight i think. Lis McColgan to double up from Comm games you'd imagine.

Those 2 marathons were great viewing in fairness. Both perfectly set up coming through that tough section around 38km in the park, followed by a long run for home with the leaders being chased down.

Loads of athletics over the last month and it has been great :)
Didn't see the finish of the Men's, women's was epic. Second closing on the winner and a practical tie for 3rd! Jesus, has that ever happened before? Looking forward to next few days now.

Healy very strange performance. Wonder did she get injured on way around
Big disappointment. She didn't mention any injury to Gillick she seemed shell shocked.

Hasn't raced all year outside of nationals as far as i know.

Mawdesley not much better. Hopefully they can figure it out for the relay but not too promising

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼