The Official Athletics Thread

Super run for Ciara. She ran 1:59 low in a mixed race last week. It would have been an irish record in a womens race. So her speed endurance has come on a pile

Delighted for Abbey Caldwell too. She won the Aussie champs but got screwed over by Nick Budeau for a spot at worlds. Great to see her take a medal.

The field events are way off my radar but 8th in the world in the hammer in Cali for Bandon AC's Nicola Tuthill is outstanding

That club punches way above its weight in producing athletes

Continental Tour on right now. Good show from Fitzsimmons in the 800
Just caught up with the live stream. Serious fields.

Having the 2 days before monaco Diamond League slot is a serious boon for the meet.

Nice run from Fitzsimmons alright. Jewitt is a good scalp to have. And Erik Sowinski keeps going. He ran his 200th sub 1:50 800m back in June.

Great to see the leevale Singlet with Shanhan. So so run. Yer wan Walteji we'll be seeing for years to come

I guess the big guns were scouting Hungary for worlds next year. Syd even remembered to smile a bit. This was her first race in Europe in 3 years or something and shes after scratching from Monaco.

Luke McCann is going in the 1k at Monaco tomorrow. The only irish entry I think. Otherwise it'll be high octane. Faith Kipyaygon rumoured to be going for the 1500 WR.

Euros start next monday

Great show so far. Shelly Anne deserves to trancend the sport she us pure show biz before and after and a killing machine during.

I enjoyed Aragawi getting run down in the 3k too. He gave it a fair crack.

Kipyaygon can beat you as a kicker or in a TT.

Nice NR for luke McCann in the 1000m

That Getachew is rumoured to be XXY DSD. Broke onto the scene as a 25 year old in Ethiopia running 800s now on the global stage she's a steepler

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼