The Official Athletics Thread

Dunno, Guapo, I think Jakob will be doing well to beat the Kenyans and their Ugandan cousins. And that's before we even count the Ethiopians. Not saying he won't but it'll be a tough race one way or another.

Dunno, Guapo, I think Jakob will be doing well to beat the Kenyans and their Ugandan cousins. And that's before we even count the Ethiopians. Not saying he won't but it'll be a tough race one way or another.
You may well be right.

Its less of a prediction more of an aspiration. I think Jakob very funny and open while being an arrogant young fella who believes he is the best. Im a fan. But if you look at his interview post 1500m talking about conserving energy he stayed on the inside all day. Never showed till last 400m. Until he was giving the henman fists to the crowd. I think it could be a coe/ovett type of loss reversal

I count 9 sub 13 athletes in the field. 6 with faster PBs than Jingy. I don't see a kenyan winning it.

There is a tendency for the ugandans and ethiopians to mark each others moves. I don't think theyll work together. So I think he has as good a shot as any. It'll be a great race.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼