The Official Athletics Thread

Henz did great. Very mature not to go with Cheriyot or to lose the head when the south African fell off.
He's got a good head on his shoulders, Guapo. Bright lad. Like most 'Burgers, he speaks four languages or so. Winner is on another level, but agree fully, Vivien could have screwed that up badly by trying to go with him

Reece Ademola sets new Irish junior long jump record to make World U20 final

Cork Fella with a 7m76 long jump. Walk 8 long steps there and get a sense of how fucking big a jump that is
And a daycinnt attitude too, going by this line: “I’m shocked, to be honest, but delighted,” he said. “It’s big adrenaline for tomorrow. I’ll get a rest now, come in replenished for tomorrow and just kick ass.”

This from our boy Henz in Cali. I'd told him about the PRoC comments!!

Thank you Mr.O, yes there was no way I was going to follow the Kenyan in the heats. Finals will be a different story, glad to see that I made it to the people’s republic of Cork 😎.

Doubtcha Vivian Kid. We'll have him speaking a fifth language by the time he hits senior

Dean Casey did great. Finished 13th for top European. Lost contact with the front pack by at about 800 to go

There was a yank and 2 japanese athletes ahead of him. The rest were East Africans.

Plenty of Geopolitics on show with elbows aplenty. The Eritrean athletes in silver and bronze paraded their singlets presumably because they couldn't find a flag and were good fun

Men's long jump on now. Fantastic battle already. Our lad in second as I type but early days. That said, new pb and U20 record in first round

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼