The Official Athletics Thread

Doha DL tomorrow virgin media 2 from 17:00.

More shadow boxing in the DL with some bits and pieces but no real head to head clashes.

Everyone seems to be saving themselves for Pre.

Sarah Healy, Sarah Lavin and Andrew Coscoran are all in there.

Last edited:

Big PB for Sophie Becker in Belfast, 51.13 is a massive jump for her.

Nice to see Darragh get a win, even a modest one.

The Brit Phoebie Gill in the 800, Holy shit
Yeah Gill "accidentally" ran 56 seconds for the first 400 :oops:

Great show from Becker. LOL, some contrast for her - last weekend rubbing shoulders and competing with with the absolute elites of world sports and this weekend back to the "ice cream and Taytos" vibe of an Irish track meet. She clearly took great inspiration from the two spins in the Bahamas and if she can contribute that extra second as a saving for the women's 4X400 then that's a serious boost for medal hopes in Paris. It might also mean Adeleke wouldn't have to run the semi over there.

Rabat Diamond League, Sunday 19th, Virgin Media 2 from 19:00.

I just took a look at the start lists and they are fucking garbage.

The mens 800 is good, Rowdon Pattison, Wanyonyi, Meziane, Korir, Kinyamal

And the steeple is alright but it'll be an El Bakalli procession with no Girma

The rest is pure shit notable only for Sharika Jackson opening up and Jake Hayward returning from injury (maybe returning a bit late?)

So far the DL has been a non event. but from next week we get a run of Pre, Bislett, Stockholm, Monaco and London prior to the Olympics so hopefully it picks up.

Better craic this weekend is Night of the 10,000m PBs in Highgate. it'll be streamed on youtube. All the Brits (Megan Keith on the women's side for their national champs) and Paul Chelimo going for the standard. Its the best run most razzmatazz get the crowd involved event in athletics.

There is a big yankee meet in LA too but that'll be hard to stream. They have all the Ugandans in the 5000m and Sydney McLoughlin if she can be arsed

Adidas have a street meet in Atlanta too at 22:00 on Saturday

Its sprints only but good quality

Last edited:
A ball of Irish at a Challenger event in Greece

Lavin, Barr, Paul Robinson and probably most interesting Sharlene Mawdley vs Keely Hodgkinson over 400m. There is a Saffa with a fast PB in there too so hopefully we get a nice 50.x run there.

Edit, here is the race

Brilliant - Mawdsley wins that handy enough and it's no big deal - great progress

Rabat Diamond League, Sunday 19th, Virgin Media 2 from 19:00.

I just took a look at the start lists and they are fucking garbage.

The mens 800 is good, Rowdon Pattison, Wanyonyi, Meziane, Korir, Kinyamal

And the steeple is alright but it'll be an El Bakalli procession with no Girma

The rest is pure shit notable only for Sharika Jackson opening up and Jake Hayward returning from injury (maybe returning a bit late?)

So far the DL has been a non event. but from next week we get a run of Pre, Bislett, Stockholm, Monaco and London prior to the Olympics so hopefully it picks up.

Better craic this weekend is Night of the 10,000m PBs in Highgate. it'll be streamed on youtube. All the Brits (Megan Keith on the women's side for their national champs) and Paul Chelimo going for the standard. Its the best run most razzmatazz get the crowd involved event in athletics.

There is a big yankee meet in LA too but that'll be hard to stream. They have all the Ugandans in the 5000m and Sydney McLoughlin if she can be arsed

Adidas have a street meet in Atlanta too at 22:00 on Friday

Its sprints only but good quality

In fairness, the DL never gets going until the run of Prefontaine / European meets in June - have patience lad!

That night of the 10,000s is brilliant. Every year I think "Must get over to see that next year", but i never do. I'd say the craic is off the charts - and great racing too.

Last edited:

Big PB for Sophie Becker in Belfast, 51.13 is a massive jump for her.

Nice to see Darragh get a win, even a modest one.

The Brit Phoebe Gill in the 800, Holy shit
I just watched that 800m race. Gill ran the last 500 on her own, way out in front. Onreal.
LOL, the commentators were blown away as well as the oppo.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

23rd Jun 2024 @ 5:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼