The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

Great stuff, well done.

Have a banana.
200w.gif

I thought a draw would've been a fair result, all things considered.

The opening goal was even more of a gift than the Romero goal. The Van De Ven disallowed goal was a very fine margin call (but ultimately the right call). With a slide of luck Romero would've had a hat-trick :ROFLMAO:

Arsenal had a period of decent control at the start of the second half, but the Raya c0ck-up really put them on the back foot. Then as they managed to settle things down a bit the Basmati Busquets kicks Davies up the hole and the pressure really ramps up late on.

Fair play for holding on. Was a bit wobbly at times but they got it done.
Yeah Romero should have scored at least one of his headers.

I think we were a bit unlucky with Rice giving away the pen as it was a genuine attempt to clear the ball, unusual way to concede a pen though.

It was a sketchy end for sure but last season we’d have dropped points so was huge to hold on.

I think we were a bit unlucky with Rice giving away the pen as it was a genuine attempt to clear the ball, unusual way to concede a pen though.

I don't think I'd call it unlucky. Unusual sure.

If you take a wild swing at an attempted clearance without having a clue whether there's a player occupying the space that you're kicking through then a pen is always likely.

What I will say is when Arsenal decide to sit deep they can defend their box very well and it'll usually take something spectacular (or ridiculous, in this case) for them to concede.

City were shite and lucky too yesterday, so Purple Monkey might be on to something about it being a below par season.
Since Liverpool are now out of the title race I would like to also declare it a really poor standard season. That’s how it works isn’t it?

Arsenal will prob get 89 points and potentially not win the title. That would have won the title in most PL seasons. God forbid a team wins a game without being at their best. Like that never happened before.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

The Spare Parts

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼