The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

No. How could we possibly be on City’s level?

We are competing with the likes of West Ham, Leicester, Spurs, Wolves and Man U for 4th to 8th place.

The next 2 games against Norwich and Wolves are far more important than the game against City,

Yeah but yere not even close to giving the top sides a game.

Hes there two years and hes spent £140 million in the last window alone.

You can start to think there's some pRoGrEsS all I see is an expensively assembled side with a novice coach who repeat a cycle of shitting the bed anytime they play a good side.

Its the collective amnesia every 5 or 6 games that is gas. Lost to United & Everton, beat some shit, get battered by a good team start the cycle again.

Yeah but yere not even close to giving the top sides a game.

Hes there two years and hes spent £140 million in the last window alone.

You can start to think there's some pRoGrEsS all I see is an expensively assembled side with a novice coach who repeat a cycle of shitting the bed anytime they play a good side.

Its the collective amnesia every 5 or 6 games that is gas. Lost to United & Everton, beat some shit, get battered by a good team start the cycle again.
Again, we’re not competing with Liverpool, City or Chelsea.

And the reason the United and Everton games were so disappointing was because Arsenal fans think we should be getting points off those teams currently but didn’t. Only for Odegaards silly foul a point would have been taken from Old Trafford. Which still would have been disappointing.

No matter what you say about getting beaten by City, Arsenal are currently 4th place with the youngest team in the league with some serious young talent like Saka, Smith Rowe, Odegaard, Ramsdale and Martinelli.

Are we the finished article? No chance. Youth guarantees that there will be ups and downs but it feels a lot more up than down at the moment.
Not being in Europe will help in the league.

Last edited:
Again, we’re not competing with Liverpool, City or Chelsea.

And the reason the United and Everton games were so disappointing was because Arsenal fans think we should be getting points off those teams currently but didn’t. Only for Odegaards silly foul a point would have been taken from Old Trafford. Which still would have been disappointing.

No matter what you say about getting beaten by City, Arsenal are currently 4th place with the youngest team in the league with some serious young talent like Saka, Smith Rowe, Odegaard, Ramsdale and Martinlelli.

Are we the finished article? No chance. Youth guarantees that there will be ups and downs but it feels a lot more up than down at the moment.
Not being in Europe will help in the league.

Ive every confidence in Bumnal's season collapsing because all wumming aside, Arteta isn't upto the job.

You say that they cant possibly give City, Chelsea or Liverpool a game but Im sorry thats bollocks. Hes spent more than all of them in the summer.

Il happily eat humble pie if proven wrong but I see nothing to say otherwise. Huffing and puffing to wins over the likes of Southampton isnt good enough for the length of time and the money he has been given.

Ive every confidence in Bumnal's season collapsing because all wumming aside, Arteta isn't upto the job.

You say that they cant possibly give City, Chelsea or Liverpool a game but Im sorry thats bollocks. Hes spent more than all of them in the summer.

Il happily eat humble pie if proven wrong but I see nothing to say otherwise. Huffing and puffing to wins over the likes of Southampton arnt good enough for the length of time and the money he has been given.
Dan, just cause we spent the most in one summer does not mean we should be competing with a Liverpool team that took 4-5 years to build or 2 of the richest clubs in world football that spend money for fun.

We all said it at the start of this season that there are no excuses now as it’s finally his team.
How can we complain too much, the only teams above us are City, Pool and Chelsea.

Now we have to see how the 2nd half of the season goes.

Dan, just cause we spent the most in one summer does not mean we should be competing with a Liverpool team that took 4-5 years to build or 2 of the richest clubs in world football that spend money for fun.

We all said it at the start of this season that there are no excuses now as it’s finally his team.
How can we complain too much, the only teams above us are City, Pool and Chelsea.

Now we have to see how the 2nd half of the season goes.

Nah sorry MaydayY m8 but I couldn't agree. Bumnal's position is artificial with Covid cancellations. They will be closer to 8th or 9th at seasons end imho.

United and Everton typified clubs in crisis and Arteta lost to both of them.

He is always just a couple of games away from catastrophe which should not be good enough for a side like Bumnal.

Nah sorry MaydayY m8 but I couldn't agree. Bumnal's position is artificial with Covid cancellations. They will be closer to 8th or 9th at seasons end imho.

United and Everton typified clubs in crisis and Arteta lost to both of them.

He is always just a couple of games away from catastrophe which should not be good enough for a side like Bumnal.
Points on the board are worth more than potential points and we had to play 2 games at the start of the season with covid issues.

We finished 8th last season and I feel we are a lot better this season.

Arsenal have more points at home than any other team this season, if we sort out the away form we’ll be well above 8th.

It won’t be easy but at least top 4 is still on the cards.

I would say the Everton and Utd games were the worst points we've dropped and until other performances or results make us forget them, they'll be a stubborn stain to wash off for Arteta.

UTD are however, just one geriatric injury away from dropping points in most games.

Plus with covid and fixture congestion, who knows what will happen.

I do feel though that ET needs to prove himself after Everton and Manure

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

NewEra

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼