The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think SF are certain of 2 seats in CNC with one each for FF and FG Hopefully with SF getting the 2 seats there will be less transfer around to aid M Barry thus limiting his chance of re-election.

Still laughing at Simon Harris being the great hope for FG. Have they completely lost the plot...? He's woeful and has been woeful in his positions. He might finish them off completely.

Pal of mine who is ardently FF is delighted with FG pushing Harris. He reckons a lot of voters who were FG will now transfer to FF. He's very bullish about the prospects of a FF government after the next election. Reckons the only way SF will get in will be if it's as a junior partner to FF and that would be without a rotating Taoiseach position?

Needless to say I didn't agree with him :cool:

i think SF are certain of 2 seats in CNC with one each for FF and FG Hopefully with SF getting the 2 seats there will be less transfer around to aid M Barry thus limiting his chance of re-election.

Tommy Gould and who exactly? A part of Mallow area being in the new expanded CNC might mean new prospective candidates but I can't see Mandy O'Leary-Hegarty garnering quite enough votes at the moment, and certainly not enough to be the certainty you seem to think.

If SF do take 2 seats in CNC and it's carried on elsewhere across the country I think SF will be by far the biggest party in the next Dail and at the very least will be in government.

Pal of mine who is ardently FF is delighted with FG pushing Harris. He reckons a lot of voters who were FG will now transfer to FF. He's very bullish about the prospects of a FF government after the next election. Reckons the only way SF will get in will be if it's as a junior partner to FF and that would be without a rotating Taoiseach position?

Needless to say I didn't agree with him :cool:
If the last 24 hours has shown anything its there are some really deluded and out of touch politicians (across parties) and also media commentators out there. I'm afraid the bubble they exist in may be about to burst...

Simon flippin' Harris... lols. 🤣

Still laughing at Simon Harris being the great hope for FG. Have they completely lost the plot...? He's woeful and has been woeful in his positions. He might finish them off completely.

Short termism at its very worst.

Instead of appointing someone capable they've gone with the village idiot who got the names together quickest.

Watch out for Covid 20!

Remember when FF were portrayed as the "main opposition party" when they had FG in government in confidence and support arrangement. Is that the kind of "main opposition party" that you'd prefer?

In fairness isn’t that how SF are behaving right throughout the tenure of this government?

Their policies aren’t really anything different to FF or FG policies.

Build more houses ✔️
Immigration ✔️
Abortion ✔️

I could create a hefty list and it could be FF, FG or SF.

The Echo have a story about Michael Martin up on the Facebook, from hours ago.

Do they Echo not moderate their page ffs? Or are comments like this now acceptable?

Dirty rat is all he is .. Throw him into the back of a van and bring him into the woods , teach him a few good lessons

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Fireside Folk

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼