The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They will also fix the health service by attracting the best medical talent back here and then tax the hell out of them and stop opportunities for their childrens education.

A free leased social house and the average industrial wage for everybody.

Everywhere will be West Belfast
Forget the makeup of the next government, which won't include SF - people need to understand what SF have been like in government in the North , a completely unique situation with mandatory coalition, petitions of concern and a block grant that is reducing while a tory government cosies up to the UVF.

They haven't turned the North into a soviet and they wouldn't have turned the south into one either had they ever got in. They are pragmatic not ideologues. You'd have probably seen money thrown at the traditional left portfolios, health, social welfare, housing.........but they're not stupid to undermine our economic base, food, tourism, manufacturing, life science, IT, data and a thriving tertiary sector.

They would have shocked a lot of people.

I say would have because I don't think they'll ever get in down here. The numbers mean this election is probably their last shot and they won't get the transfers to make it happen. The lifetime of the next government 25-30, will in all likelihood see seismic change across these islands. Their number one policy, unity, will probably have been tested by 2030 without them in government thus removing it as a source of votes whether it passes or not.

FG, FF + where the plus is more likely indies than greens will form the next government. They won't hold 36% for the next 7 years.

Forget the makeup of the next government, which won't include SF - people need to understand what SF have been like in government in the North , a completely unique situation with mandatory coalition, petitions of concern and a block grant that is reducing while a tory government cosies up to the UVF.

They haven't turned the North into a soviet and they wouldn't have turned the south into one either had they ever got in.
You do know they had no money to enforce recommended covid measures and put the public at risk.

They're all marxists and/or trotskyites you know - it's repeated often enough so it must be true

Oh, and money-tree. Don't forget the money tree! :ROFLMAO:

Stop opportunities for their childrens education?????????? :oops: if you clutch at those pearls any harder you'll break them. :rolleyes:

It's not a phasing out of private schools that is being proposed, just a phasing out of state funding to private schools. Parents can still finance private education for their children but it would cost a bit more. It would probably go to making those private schools a bit more exclusive. I remember vividly when the likes of Christians was three classes per year, or about 100 students, and Pres about the same. And that was before the likes of Hewitt or Bruce. Now CBC have six classes per year in secondary school, that's 200 alone in Christians, Pres is still about 100 I think, Hewitt and Bruce probably another 60 between them, maybe even more.

So where there used to be 200 private school places for boys in Cork there's now well over half as much again. Yet Stacey reckons they'll all be gone and there'll be nowhere for the consultants to have their children educated :ROFLMAO:
These schools also require State funding and provide an alternative for those who can afford it and choose to do so.

It will discourage medical consultants etc from coming back to a S.F. punitative tax regime that would be anti-entrepreneurship and their usual"othering" of anyone who makes an effort.

We can have the S.F. "Ireland of Equals" with everyone equally skint and flying Palestinian and Cuban flags and their vague climate and E.U. sceptic policies.

Talent and capital is mobile and good luck with attracting people in to fix problems.

They will also fix the health service by attracting the best medical talent back here and then tax the hell out of them and stop opportunities for their childrens education.

A free leased social house and the average industrial wage for everybody.

Everywhere will be West Belfast
Yes the contradiction is striking, between saying we will attract a plentiful supply of consultants and on the other hand
saying we will increase tax on high earners,

Donnchadh o laoighre was on drivetime yesterday , He said if in government SF will phase out all
state funding of fee paying schools, Id say this would be a serious issue in any programme for government
talks with FF,

"Phase out" is a great phrase in government. As with "phase out" petrol and diesel cars or private healthcare. You can set a long timeframe knowing that you probably won't be around by time of supposed implementation and that it can be reversed on basis of " unforeseen needs or circumstances".

Prime example recently from Germany. Merkel promised phasing out the use of coal based energy which is still huge in Germany. She has now gone off into the sunset and current government firing up the stations again due to war in Ukraine changing the energy landscape!!

"Phase out" is a great phrase in government. As with "phase out" petrol and diesel cars or private healthcare. You can set a long timeframe knowing that you probably won't be around by time of supposed implementation and that it can be reversed on basis of " unforeseen needs or circumstances".

Prime example recently from Germany. Merkel promised phasing out the use of coal based energy which is still huge in Germany. She has now gone off into the sunset and current government firing up the stations again due to war in Ukraine changing the energy landscape!!
Exactly. Germanys short termism on nuclear power is now coming back to bite them.

S.F. climate and energy policies are total pants.(Renewables as long as nobody is anywhere near wind turbines or solar farms etc) Not like any other parties are a whole lot better (Put off the inevitable).

We should be an energy exporter and as ambitious as Denmark but no we will be flogging diesel cars and trains and dependent on despitic regimes for
decades yet.

"Phase out" and "Bring in" are just populist tropes phrases.

Donnchadh o laoighre was on drivetime yesterday , He said if in government SF will phase out all
state funding of fee paying schools, Id say this would be a serious issue in any programme for government
talks with FF,
How old are his kids I wonder ?

I have to be careful here now in how I say this because I know he sued someone recently

I wonder did he perhaps, get a letter back from Pres / Christian's/ Scoil Mhuire saying thanks but no thanks, now toddle off please.

How old are his kids I wonder ?

I have to be careful here now in how I say this because I know he sued someone recently

I wonder did he perhaps, get a letter back from Pres / Christian's/ Scoil Mhuire saying thanks but no thanks, now toddle off please.

Someone should tell Mary Lou, a fine product of a fee paying school.

Donners should lay off the breakfast rolls. Hes after piling on the pounds.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼