The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course he didn't PJ is as bad for stirring up the proles :ROFLMAO:
On the subject of the emergency budget, I keep hearing an advert on the radio for help from the social welfare for people to pay bills, don't know much about it but are people applying for it?

This the same social welfare help that Eamon Ryan suggested people apply for to help in buying fuel to run their cars :rolleyes:

Have budget now and address the costs of living. They can tailor the easing of price on heating fuel cost in September (many previous budget changes in October didn't kick in til the following January) when the weather is getting cold again, rather than waiting until October and doing it after the fact. Time they were proactive rather than reactive, especially on something like heating fuels where October would be AFTER the fact.
At least you are saying have the budget now, Politicians who are calling for a budget now havent said whether this should
replace the october budget or would this be a stand alone budget,

We are 17% higher than EU for cost of buying groceries. Eggs, butter, cheese, we're more than 20% higher apparently. This is Ireland ffs where you'd imagine staples like Eggs, butter, and cheese would be relatively plentiful. :oops:

Mary regan rte says government are confident they will win the vote, She said the main purpose of the motion
is to heap pressure on back bench TDS in the government parties,

We are 17% higher than EU for cost of buying groceries. Eggs, butter, cheese, we're more than 20% higher apparently. This is Ireland ffs where you'd imagine staples like Eggs, butter, and cheese would be relatively plentiful. :oops:
Is that absolute prices or is it taking our higher wages into consideration?

I saw a piece recently about prices to eat out in spanish resorts compared to here, The question was asked about
the difference in wages between here and there,
Just working off my own experience, a few weeks ago I was in Poland and paid €2 for the pint. The girl working told me she gets a fiver an hour basically. So a pint costs 40% of her hourly wage.

Assuming a pint of Heino in a Cork pub is €5.80 and the server is getting €10.50 an hour, that's working out at 55% of the hourly wage.

Fuck the Big Mac index, let's judge the cost of living with pints

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼