The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the Government only pay lip service to remote working rights and don't put proper legislation in place to secure it I think there will be many disgruntled people forced back out of work.

Thry will have a bigger problem if they force wfh on employers. Why would an employer hire someone in cork, dublin or limerick to work from home, when they could get someone in India or eastern europe to do the same thing remotely for half the price.

Despite the waffle from leo particularly about the new normal, not every employer wants to or can facilitate WFH. Its now gone to the right to request WFH, and a list of reasons it can be refused. I can see those reasons being used..a lot. A hybrid will work for some employers but everyone working from home (if they can.) is utter nonsense and populist nonsense at that.

Nobody is suggesting that everybody be allowed work from home. Even where I work I can see that some of us have to be on site all week but there are certain colleagues who sit in front of a computer and do their work on line. What does it matter to the employer whether that person is sitting in front of a PC at home or on site? The advantages of requiring less real estate in terms of office space, less parking spaces, better for the environment, better and healthier and happier workers thanks to a work-life balance etc would all be positives.
It's not without drawbacks I grant you, but for admin, most of whom we've not seen in nearly 2 years, it makes perfect sense to offer them blended work - say WFH 2 days a week and the office 3

Nobody is suggesting that everybody be allowed work from home. Even where I work I can see that some of us have to be on site all week but there are certain colleagues who sit in front of a computer and do their work on line. What does it matter to the employer whether that person is sitting in front of a PC at home or on site? The advantages of requiring less real estate in terms of office space, less parking spaces, better for the environment, better and healthier and happier workers thanks to a work-life balance etc would all be positives.
It's not without drawbacks I grant you, but for admin, most of whom we've not seen in nearly 2 years, it makes perfect sense to offer them blended work - say WFH 2 days a week and the office 3
You really write some bullshit
Claiming here that people in the civil service " work"

Get off the stage FFS.

Leeches is what you lot are.

You really write some bullshit
Claiming here that people in the civil service " work"

Get off the stage FFS.

Leeches is what you lot are.
For a start Triggs, I don't work in the civil service, and ou're just someone who claims to be working when your just sitting on your h*le :cool:

You're back to the "Leeches" term again. Talk about eaten bread being soon forgotten. I'll tell you this Triggs, it wasn't the hard work of private bus drivers that got this country through the pandemic.

For a start Triggs, I don't work in the civil service, and ou're just someone who claims to be working when your just sitting on your h*le :cool:

You're back to the "Leeches" term again. Talk about eaten bread being soon forgotten. I'll tell you this Triggs, it wasn't the hard work of private bus drivers that got this country through the pandemic.

Tell us something we don't know m8.

Damned right you don't work, you leech.

It is years since I drove coaches ScumMan, you really need to keep up.

people on twitter saying mm should show mlmd more respect , saying he should learn how to treat women properly, This is senior hurling, mlmd is well able to dish it out,
Twitter, no wonder.
The Scum Fein Social media activists are at work, the brain dead.

Can anyone please tell me, how does one show scum respect ?

I was never a supporter of Mehole but I have to admire how he pawned that scum in The Dail earlier.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼