The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

If we beat Ulster (won't be easy and they'd like nothing better than upset our applecart) I think that's us guaranteed top and home advantage in subsequent games as long as we keep winning. 🤞

If we're due to play Leinster in the final then I wouldn't rule out PuC in spite of the Limerick moaners - never mind the poor saps from Clare that can't find the place.

Screenshot_20240530_115137_Chrome.jpg
The table is very interesting.
It's likely that Munster and Bulls will win on Saturday and stay 1 & 2.
Leinster would be much better off dropping to 4th and avoiding a semi in Pretoria.
Will we see Leinster pick a reserve side ?

Just saw the Leinster side. Almost entirely different to CC side. I think Leinster would prefer to lose this and play us in the semi.

This could create an issue for Ulster who would not like to finish 5th if Leinster finish 4th.

Very interesting

Last edited:
View attachment 33347
The table is very interesting.
It's likely that Munster and Bulls will win on Saturday and stay 1 & 2.
Leinster would be much better off dropping to 4th and avoiding a semi in Pretoria.
Will we see Leinster pick a reserve side ?

Just saw the Leinster side. Almost entirely different to CC side. I think Leinster would prefer to lose this and play us in the semi.

This could create an issue for Ulster who would not like to finish 5th if Leinster finish 4th.

Very interesting
Leinster are still in with a shout for second though.

They'd want to take it seriously, shame that, from the looks of the team selection, they're very much not.

GO0bGXuW0AAHLSR

Next season's fixture list.

Looks like an easy first 3 games, followed by 6 very, very hard games (Leinster x 2, Ulster away, SA tour).

It appears that Munster will once again be dragging themselves from the depths of the table in the second half of the season. Every match from Round 10 onwards is one Munster should win, with the exception of the Glasgow away match.

With both centres injured, surely 6:2 is an even bigger risk?

I really, really dislike 6:2. I think they should impose a 4 sub limit on teams (i.e. you can only use 4 subs from an 8 man bench). Would mean only reckless teams would make loads of tactical substitutions.

More shenanigans in Dublin. Prendergast was due to go to Connacht on loan but it's been canned. They've already offered Harry Byrne a new contract so with Tector that's 4 Irish 10s lined up. 5 if you include Frawley. Obviously we all know the Byrnes shouldn't really be in the Irish 10 discussion. Will be some craic when the boy Barrett arrives.

Glad to see Leinster and Glasgow win with BPs. Upholds the integrity. Imagine the flak that Miley would cop if they played for 4th and we slipped up. We now have a clear pathway to play QF, SF & Final ar home. With our form, I'd be amazed if we screwed it up now.

Glad to see Leinster and Glasgow win with BPs. Upholds the integrity. Imagine the flak that Miley would cop if they played for 4th and we slipped up. We now have a clear pathway to play QF, SF & Final ar home. With our form, I'd be amazed if we screwed it up now.
That'd involve a 12 match unbeaten streak in the URC. Possible but unlikely.

That'd involve a 12 match unbeaten streak in the URC. Possible but unlikely.
It will be tough but not that unlikely IMO

If this goes to form, we will have a home QF to Edinburgh or Benetton

Then a home semi to Glasgow - the Scots are flaky and we will be big favs to progress.

The other semi would be Bulls v Leinster in Pretoria with the final a week later in Cork or Limerick

We would be underdogs in the final but still in with a decent shout.

Injuries and red cards etc can derail everything but we know how to close the deal.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

21st Aug 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Dmac Burns

The Pav, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼